Engineer John C.
Engineer John C., Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ Certified and 10 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

Our Brother DCP-9055 CDN is printing colour copies with blue lines all

Customer Question

Our Brother DCP-9055 CDN is printing colour copies with blue lines all across the pages. Printing in mono is fine apart from some pale blue speckles in one corner of the page. I don't know what is causing these lines - do you have any idea?
Also, do you charge for your service and if so what are your rates please?
Category: Printers
Expert:  adamd-mod replied 2 years ago.

Hello there,

Please note, I am just a moderator for this category, I can only try and find experts to help, I can't answer the question itself.

Adam

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you Adam, I am prepared to wait a little longer. How long should I give it, do you think?

Expert:  adamd-mod replied 2 years ago.

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

It's hard to say, I would give it another 24 hours, which is when I will reply again if there's no update.

Adam

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this.
There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure.
Did customer service get back to you about how charges on this site work? That may be why no one has replied to you yet as there is no indication they have. How old is your printer? Have you recently replaced anything?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

What I understand about this site is that if I am happy with the answer I get then I will approve payment of £20. If there is more for me to know then please do advise me.

The only things that have been replaced lately are the usual consumables - toner cartridges. The drum was replaced a few weeks ago and we tried a new belt unit to see if that would help the problem but it didn't.

Helen

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
It has a satisfaction guarantee yes but that does not mean the site is free if you need a part or I have to give youy bad news in general (I have no control over either). It sounds like you thought it would be so I will be opting out and will not be continuing. If anyone else wants to help they will reply the same way I did.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No Freddy that is not necessarily what I thought. I can only form a view on the information provided to me and I told you the information I had and asked that you advise me if I needed to know more about how payment works. I am sorry you have decided to opt out without giving me this information and thereby enabling me, as the customer, to proceed with the correct information.

Helen.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Unfortunately your reply sounded that way but don't worry if someone else would like to help they will reply the same way I did.
.