Joel Kalman
Joel Kalman, Engineer
Experience:  I am an MIT graduate with a Master of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering from UC Berkeley.
76287196

My Pixma 6250 printer has been wirelessly connected to my iMac

Customer Question

My Pixma 6250 printer has been wirelessly connected to my iMac without any problems. Suddenly, the connection between the printer and iMac has been lost. The printer is successfully connected to the router and the router successfully connected to the computer. I don't understand what has happened and cannot correct it.
Any ideas?
Mike
Category: Printers
Expert:  Joel Kalman replied 2 years ago.
JoelK :

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I can help you solve your problem. Thank you for your question. My goal is to provide excellent customer service.

JoelK :

I would try rebooting your computer.

JACUSTOMER-k1aqhtoi- :

Have done so and it did not help. Have reloaded all latest drivers. Airplay works. Prints off USB. But cannot connect to computer via wi fi. Have rebooted router, printer and computer

JoelK :

I recommend uninstalling your printer from your mac and reinstalling it.

JACUSTOMER-k1aqhtoi- :

have tried that to no avail

JoelK :

You need to Reset Printing System Function after deleting (-) the printer. To do this, hold down the Option key and click on the (+) in the Printer window.

JoelK :

It is really important that you do that before reinstalling the printer drivers.

JACUSTOMER-k1aqhtoi- :

Which is the option key please

JoelK :

It may be labeled Alt.

JACUSTOMER-k1aqhtoi- :

That did it - thank you!

Mike,
THANK YOU FOR THE EXCELLENT SERVICE RATING. I REALLY APPRECIATE IT!
Mike -

I am grateful for the opportunity to be of service. I am glad that I was able to assist you in finding the best solution to your technical problem.

If you have any hardware problems in the future where I can be of assistance, please return to Just Answer and ask for me by name. Thank you.

-Joel