Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of experience
15852642

I have a Kodak hero 5.1 printer - I have being issues with

I have a Kodak hero 5.1 printer - I have being issues with black not printing. I installed a new black ink - still not printing. I have tried cleaning the printer heads made no difference
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this.
There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure.
Have you tried cleaning it by hand?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No I don't know now to do that

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Let's try doing a manual cleaning of the machine and see if that helps at all.
If you have any trouble or get stuck at any point please let me know so I can help you.

Remove all the ink cartridges from the machine.
Then clean the contacts on the cartridges as well as inside the machine itself.
Do this with a small amount of warm water on a cotton swab until no ink comes off on the swab.
If any of the other cartridges are low, empty, leaking or bulging replace them.

Now once you have done all of that turn off the machine and unplug it for 70 seconds
Plug it back it and wait for the insert cartridges message
Insert the cartridges and check to see if the problem is still there.

If this did not work please come back and let me know by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.
If it did work please don’t forget to leave a positive rating it is greatly appreciated.

.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have tried cleaning the heads as you suggested, it has made no difference. the problem is the same.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Remove the ink cartridges and then lift the latch on the carriage to remove the print head.
Remove the print head and soak it in warm water for 10 minutes.

Repeat this with fresh water until after 10 minutes the water is clear.
Then let it dry or wipe it with a lint free cloth, put it and the cartridge back but do not test yet.

Instead run the cleaning on the machine itself once if you do not do this your print will be blank.
After that test the machine again by printing out this page.

.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Its strange when I print the calbartion page its fine - but when I try a normal page its pretty much blank. there is an out line but you can see nothing on the page - it basically not working

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
The test page is completely fine? Not faint at all? Can you try making a copy from the scanner glass?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I think its time for me to look for a new printer

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
If you are getting the test page light/faded and not perfected you may just need a new print head which you can get here: Click Here On Kodak machines just like ink cartridges they are consumable. If you have any questions at all click on reply to expert and let me know. If not please don’t forget to leave a positive rating for my help - it is greatly appreciated. Please note you are rating me only not this site or your Kodak.
.