Viet - Printer Tech
Viet - Printer Tech, Technician
Experience:  Troubleshoot printers, scanners, etc.
30037186

How do I connect my Canon MG 3550 to my iPad ? I have a new

How do I connect my Canon MG 3550 to my iPad ? I have a new wireless network which is on my iPad but it isn't recognising my printer . Had no problem with my old network and able to print from my iPad .
Category: Printers
Expert:  Viet - Printer Tech replied 2 years ago.
Hello! Thank you for your question. I am a licensed printer professional with over ten years of experience, and I will be assisting you today.

I'm sorry about the issue. What's the brand/model of your new internet/wireless modem/router device?

Besides the iPad, do you also have a windows or mac computer?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The router is from talktalk model no hg635 called super router . I only have an iPad no computer and have tried the wireless connection via the printer and the WPS button on the router . The router is a new one as I went to fibre optic broadband and now my iPad is not recognising the printer and I can't print from it . Nan

Did you do exactly this:

Step 1

- Make sure that the printer is turned on.

- Press & hold the [Wi-Fi] / wireless button on the top of the printer until the alarm lamp flashes once.

[MASTER] Picture_PIXMA Wireless Connection Wifi button

Step 2

- Make sure that the lamp next to this button starts to flash blue

- Then go to your router and press the [WPS] button on the router within 2 minutes (press & hold the WPS button on the router for about 3 seconds.)

- The (blue) Wi-Fi lamp on the printer will continue flashing while searching, and the power and Wi-Fi lamp will flash when connecting to the access point.

- When the printer has successfully made a connection to your wireless network, the power and Wi-Fi lamp will stop flashing and remain lit.

Full details:

http://www.canon.co.uk/Support/Consumer_Products/PIXMA_Printer_Wireless_Connection_Setup/MG3550_Printer_Wireless_Connection_Setup/index.aspx

Please let me know. Thank you,

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Have followed this function exactly and blue light just keeps flashing and the alarm light then comes on and stays on

Sorry, Do the router's lights do anything? We need to adjust the settings on the router. Can you borrow a windows or mac laptop temporarily, and connect it to your router, then I can connect remotely to the laptop and adjust the router's settings in order to get the printer work with the router? Thank you

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Have borrowed a laptop but worried that I might upset the data already installed by the owner . Will now connect it to my router .Laptop now connected to router
Don't worry, it won't affect anything on the laptop. Does the laptop have windows xp, vista, or 7, or 8? Or is it a mac laptop?

Can you go to your email website on the laptop, then sign in on your email on the laptop, then open my email message (from Viet / JustAnswer), so we can communicate on the laptop.

Also, do you have a USB printer cable (we might need it temporarily)?

Please let me know. Thank you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

have signed in to my email and yes I think I have a usb printer cable . Is it grey with a connection either end ?

The printer USB cable looks like below:

graphic
Is it a windows or mac laptop? What's the brand/model of the laptop?

Do you see the email message from Viet / JustAnswer on the laptop? Are you communicating with me on the laptop right now?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes I have a USB cable the laptop is windows 7 and its a Toshiba

Did you click on the link in the email message from JustAnswer / Viet on the Toshiba laptop in order to communicate with me at this web page on the laptop?

Can I connect remotely to the laptop, so I can adjust the router's settings directly through the laptop together with you? Thank you

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes

Thank you. On the laptop, please accept the remote support offer, then please click on the website below in order to connect with me:

http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=68ce5fd6-7178-4552-836f-9a384e537122

Note: If it does not connect within 5 minutes, then please reply at the box below and let me know. Thank you

Thank you. On the laptop, please click on the website below:

http://tinyurl.com/kczu598

, then allow the Elsinore.ScreenConnect program to download/run/open when prompted.
Note: If it does not connect within 5 minutes, then please reply at the box below and let me know. Thank you,

Let's try another way:

1. On the laptop, please click on the website below:
    https://secure.join.me/Download.aspx?webDownload=true
  2. Then download / run the file join.me when it prompts or shows
  3. Then tell me the 9 digit numbers that it will show in the join.me program.
  4. Do not close the join.me program.

Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
625-615-456
On the laptop, please click on the join me program icon at the bottom on the Taskbar, then click on Yes. Thank you

Please turn on the printer, then connect the USB cable from the printer to the laptop for now. Thank you.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Have done

Please disconnect the USB cable from the printer and computer now, then see if you can print from the iPad. Thank you

It is fixed. Please see if you can print on the iPad now. Please reply at the box below. Thank you. s

I have resolved the issue via remote support. If you need help with anything else, please come back any time. Thank you very much for your patience.