Michelle
Michelle, Printer Expert
Experience:  B.Sc. Computer Science with Honors
26798893

U052 The type of print head is incorrect. Install the correct

U052 The type of print head is incorrect. Install the correct printhead.
Got this message after printing 7 copies of a 15 copy run. Then can do nothing. Have cleaned the print head, but still same message, and two outer cartridges give occasional flash, other cartridges steady light. What to do?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Michelle replied 2 years ago.
Michelle :

The error code U052 is a printhead temperature sensor error.

This usually results due to a faulty printhead or a failing sensor which needs service or replacement of faulty parts.

However, you may try the below intermediate steps

turn off the unit....unplug the power cable
now remove the cartridge...manually slide the carriage assembly\ printhead back and forth
also clean the rail against which the assembly slides with a tissue ensuring that there is no ink residue on it
clean the golden contacts of the cartridges and the printhead with a cotton swab dipped in little alcohol

also reseat the printhead.

turn on unit and check

Michelle :

if still the issue repeats then the unit would need service as it could be either a faulty printhead or a sensor failing.

in such a case if unit is within warranty please get it serviced through canon else take a service estimate cost from a local repair store as in case its a printhead failure you may get it replaced. however, in case its a sensor failure, the repair might be costly and you may consider going in for a new unit

Michelle :

i am listing below the link for a printhead part for your reference

Michelle :

this would give you an idea about the cost of printhead

Michelle :

i hope you understand that in case of hardware fault or mechanical jam i can only suggest steps to rectify it but cannot make a bad part work again or clear an internal jam

let me know if you have any questions

please click on smiley face\stars to rate my service if you are satisfied with the information recieved

Thanks for choosing just answer

Customer:

OK Thanks

Michelle :

you are welcome

Michelle :

Thanks for choosing just answer