Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of experience
15852642

What does error code 0xF1 on a Epson WF-3620 mean and what

What does error code 0xF1 on a Epson WF-3620 mean and what do I do about it?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this.
There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure.
That is a ganeral error, If you open the machine is the carriage stuck on the right side?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes it is

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Open printer so that the cartridge housing is accessible (flip the scanner housing up). Turn printer off.
While printer is off, gently slide cartridge housing to the left about halfway.

Turn printer on. After cartridge housing moves all the way to the right (which it will do on startup), gently push up and back on the housing and continue pressing/gently jiggling as the housing tries to free itself.

Eventually, the housing will snap back to the left which will stop tripping the error message. It can take quite a few tries (I've done it as many as 15 times before seeing results.

If this did not work, please come back and let me know what happened when you tried it by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.
If it did work, please don’t forget to leave a positive rating - it is greatly appreciated.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Sorry no luck with that. I can get it to rock but that is all. Tried going back all the way to the left.it slowly moves to the right when I switch on but then I'm back to the error message and gentle rocking doesn't get any further

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
How old is it?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

3 or 4months

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Ok good then you should still be under warranty call this number: 01952 607 111 What you are describing is caused by the carriage jamming. If what I just sent you does not work it usually means the carriage is out of alignment which would need to be fixed by Epson as it is not removable on your machine. Normally they send a replacement machine. If you have any questions at all click on reply to expert and let me know. If not please don’t forget to leave a positive rating for my help - it is greatly appreciated. Please note you are rating me only not this site or your Epson.
.