Russell H.
Russell H., Printer and Office
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
13568747

I have a Canon StarWriter Jet 300 Wordprocessor. when typing

Customer Question

I have a Canon StarWriter Jet 300 Wordprocessor. when typing "address Book" and "labels" I cannot change fonts from "Courier" to "Swiss". although I can with correspondence. What can I do? Have spent hours trying!!
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 2 years ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Please describe exactly how you would change the font, if you could / if it worked, what keys or what steps.

Then tell me what happens when the action fails to work.

Also - if it is a matter of changing 'what font is typed in' rather than changing 'one font as typed in already, to another font' [i.e. in already existent text], then try changing to the font you want, while in correspondence, then switching to Address Book or Labels and seeing if the change in 'prevailing font' carries over.
Russell H., Printer and Office
Experience: 11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I believe the machine was set to Courier and labels were typed in Courier. When typing correspondence you just block the whole area and press "mode" and "set block" to change to "swiss" by pressing "return" but with labels I am unable to block the list of labels and so cannot change to "swiss!. The funny thing is it did work on one occasion but I cannot get it to work now! When pressing "mode" and "font" I can see "swiss"on the screen but when printed it is in "Courier"

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Re my Canon Starwriter jet 300 | will try typing correspondence in "Swiss" and then retype labels and see if they are also in "swiss". Failing that I just do not have an answer. Unfortunately I am 80 years of age and a very bad memory. For many years I have printed labels in "swiss" but cannot do it now! Do you think I am now on the right track"

*****@******.***.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for your reply to my query on "courier" and "swiss

on my Canon Jet 300. It looks as if I will have to type all the labels again with wordprocessor for correspondence set to "Swiss".

Is there any way I can set labels to "Swiss" without typing them all again? have spent many hours already.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

*****@******.*** I did as suggested by going into WORDPROCESSOR and typed a little checking that it was in"Swiss" font and this was OK, but going back to labels it iis still in "Courier"and I cannot change it. just do not understand this as my labels have been in "Swiss" for many years with no problem. In fact the first time I printed my list a couple of weeks ago,that was in "swiss"but not now. I just do not understand it!!

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

thankyou for your suggestion. It did not work. I still get labels in "courier"

I understand that the problem will not be solved as I suggested, and in fact it is a function to be able to have labels typed in Swiss font on your machine... therefore if it worked once it should work again.

Presumably there is a key combination that works to switch fonts for Labels. How do you switch fonts in Correspondence? and what happens when you do the same in Labels? nothing, only?
(I ask, not just because I am ignorant of your machine to some extent - I'm sorry to have to say - but also because it may illustrate what you are not doing, or are doing wrong... so I think I need to know, in order to advise you after research. Let me know, please. Thanks.)