Russell H.
Russell H., Printer and Office
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
13568747

I am using Pixma MG3100 with W7 Home Premium. Up till very

Customer Question

I am using Pixma MG3100 with W7 Home Premium. Up till very recently I have been able to click on Auto Scan to scan and transfer pictures to MP Navigator Ex. Suddenly it has stopped moving the pics to that folder. I am using the default settings and my path is :-
C:\Users\Stan\Pictures\MP Navigator EX\
I have ticked the boxes for Recommended Image Correction and Save to a Subfolder with Current Date.
Can you help ?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 2 years ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

I think you may have to uninstall, then reinstall, the MP Navigator EX program.

First you should determine whether your Windows 7's 'System Type' is 32-bit or 64-bit.
Go to
Start - Control Panel - System [Information]
and look for the 'System Type' entry, which should be either 32-bit or 64-bit.

Then turn Off your MG3100.
Then go to
Start - Control Panel - Programs and Features
and find
MP Navigator EX
in the programs list, then click on it once to select it, then do Uninstall.

Then restart your computer.

Then when it is restarted, go to
http://www.canon.co.uk/Support/Consumer_Products/products/Fax__Multifunctionals/InkJet/PIXMA_MG_series/PIXMA_MG3150.aspx?type=download

and select, under
Filter On and Your Operating System
either

Windows 7
(if you have a 32-bit System Type) or
Windows 7 (x64)
(if you have a 64-bit System Type)

and of course
English
then scroll down to
MP Navigator EX
(which ought to be the second item on that list) and click on the big DOWNLOAD button next to it. Download that to your computer's hard drive, then save it there, then when the download is complete, locate the downloaded file, double-click on it, and do the program installation.

When the program installation is complete, turn On your printer again, open the MP Navigator EX program, configure it, specify your Destination Path (or similar) for your scans to go to.
And try it out again. See if that works properly.

If it does work properly, and you need no further information to clarify or help with this matter, please rate my Answer - favorably I hope - so that I may be paid for th ework I have done on your question. Thanks, ***** ***** luck.