Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of experience
15852642

I am getting lines across the prints.

Customer Question

I am getting lines across the prints. I have used the method of lining up the lines several times and carried out a nozzle check and head clean but still hs]ave lines, albeit narrower ones. Is there anything else I can do?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this.
There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure.
What model printer is this?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

epson wf 3520 series

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Does this happen on copies from the scanner glass as well as prints from the computer?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Please read all the steps before starting. Let's try doing a manual cleaning of the machine and see if that helps at all.
If you have any trouble or get stuck at any point please let me know so I can help you.

Remove all the ink cartridges from the machine.
Then clean the contacts on the cartridges as well as inside the machine itself.
Do this with a small amount of warm water on a cotton swab until no ink comes off on the swab.
There is sometimes a nub on the cartridges it is normal for a small amount of ink to come out there when pushed, you only need to clean any dried ink off this area.
If any of the other cartridges are low, empty, leaking or bulging replace them.

Now once you have done all of that turn off the machine and unplug it for 70 seconds
Plug it back it and wait for the insert cartridges message
Insert the cartridges and check to see if the problem is still there.

If this did not work please come back and let me know by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.
If it did work please don’t forget to leave a positive rating it is greatly appreciated.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

When I opened the printer the cartridge holder did not move. What now?

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Press the home button, select Setup, select Maintenance, then select Ink Cartridge Replacement. That should get it to move over to you.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I did that as it says in the book, but nothing moved

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
That is a bad sign and could mean you have a damaged part how old is the printer?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

the problem with the cartridge holder is solved. Non function due ti]o incomplete instructions. Cleaning of heads etc complete . will now do trial to see if lines problem is solved.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Ok, If this did not work please come back and let me know by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Unfortunately lines are still present.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Are you using genuine epson ink? How old is the printer?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Printer is new this year. Ink is genuine.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Ok since this is happening with copies from the glass as well I really hate to tell you this but it sounds like you have a failing carriage assembly which is what the ink cartridges sit inside of also called the print head. Since it is under a year you should be covered under warranty. Call this number: 01952 607 111 They may have you try the cleanings built into the machine again as they have to. After that normally a replacement will be sent out since you are under warranty. If you have any questions at all click on reply to expert and let me know. If not please don’t forget to leave a positive rating for my help - it is greatly appreciated. Please note you are rating me only not this site or your Epson.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for trying but you will appreciate that I am no further forward.

I trust I will get my money back!

I will endeavor to let you know how it turns out

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Please do not and do not use anything I have told you including the phone number from this point as what you have just said is you want me to work for free. The only way this site pays experts for our time (so we are here to answer your questions) is if the customer pays and leaves a positive rating. Otherwise we are paid absolutely nothing and have worked for free. I trust you will no9t use the information since it is not being paid for. I hope you have a great day other than the unfortunate nerws I had to give you (that I also have no control over).
.