Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of experience
15852642

I have an HP photosmart 6510 e all-in-one and it gets continuous

I have an HP photosmart 6510 e all-in-one and it gets continuous paper jams. It picks the paper up successfully but the paper won't go beyond half way.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this.
There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure.
What type of paper are you using? If you load only a single sheet and push it a little does it go through properly?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Are you waiting for me ?

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Yes I am still waiting for a reply to the above, if you replied to the email that does not go to anyone you need to reply on this page.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I am using ordinary plain A4 but I do not know the specification,

A single sheet usually stops at the normal start position but occasionally it goes on right into the printer.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Have you tried cleaning the rollers yet?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No - how do I do that ?

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Gather the following materials:

A clean, lint-free swab that will not come apart or leave fibers
Distilled, filtered, or bottled water (tap water might damage the product)

Press the Power button to turn off the product.
Disconnect the power cord from the rear of the product.
Open the cartridge access doo
r.Image: Opening the cartridge access door

Pull the cleanout door up and out to remove it from the product.Image: Removing the cleanout door from the product

Lightly dampen the swab with the water, and then squeeze any excess liquid from the swab.
Press the swab against the rollers inside the product, and then rotate the rollers upwards with your fingers. Apply a moderate amount of pressure to remove any dust or dirt buildup.

Image: Clean the rollers inside the product

Allow the rollers to dry for 10 to 15 minutes.
Check the rollers on the cleanout door. Make sure that the rollers are not missing, that they turn easily, and that they are springy when you press them. If the rollers are damaged, replace the door
.Image: Check the rollers on the cleanout door

Reinsert the cleanout door. Gently push the door into the cleanout area until both latches snap into place.
Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the product.
If the product does not turn on automatically, press the Power button () to turn it on.

If this did not work, please come back and let me know what happened when you tried it by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.
If it did work, please don’t forget to leave a positive rating - it is greatly appreciated.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I did the cleaning as instructed and all rollers are clean and working but I still get the paper jam. The paper gets to the rollers but stops before going through at that point.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
If you try a thick sheet like card stock does the same thing happen? How old is the printer?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have tried with some heavier paper than my usual stock but it still jams.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Even if you push a little it still jams? How old is the machine?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

May 2012

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Did you happen to get an extended warranty with it?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Darn, unfortunately from what you are describing the feeder which is the part with the rollers you cleaned has failed and needs to be replaced. Without a warranty though this can be expensive as it is one of the most expensive parts in the machine so I would call around for a price. Due to the price some people do decide to replace it instead and some shops will refuse to do the repair. If you have any questions at all click on reply to expert and let me know. If not please don’t forget to leave a positive rating for my help - it is greatly appreciated. Please note you are rating me only not this site or your HP.
.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience: Years of experience