Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of experience
15852642

I have a little used canon printer PIXMA MP272

Customer Question

I have a little used canon printer PIXMA MP272 which is not printing - EO3 fault? any help would b so appreciated tel: xxxxx xxx xxx preferably or: *****@******.*** many thanks

Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this.
There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure.
I can not call you. Was there a recent paper jam or anything similar?
..
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

no paper jam - printer was in the process of making 6 copies of some-

thing when orange light in small triangle lit up and machine stopped.

we cannot seem to centre the cartridges for recharging (if this is

meaningful)

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Turn the machine off and unplug it.
Then by hand move the print head (cradle) by hand.
It should move freely, if it does not it is damaged.

Move it back and forth across the bar 3 or 4 times.
Then leave it in the middle of the bar.

Plug the machine back in and turn it on.
Give it a minute or two to detect the print head in the middle and recalibrate it.

If this did not work, please come back and let me know what happened when you tried it by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.
If it did work, please don’t forget to leave a positive rating - it is greatly appreciated.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

seemed to start to copy whilst not linked to laptop, then orange light

reappeared in triangle and printer stopped - still flashing E03

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Did the carriage move freely by hand?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Please next move it to the left again and look behing it do you see a plastic strip? It should either be white or clear or you may have one of each. With a cloth and a tiny bit of warm water clean both the strips the best you can. Turn the machine off and move the carriage the same way you did before. If you can not get the strip in between your fingers use a cotton swab instead of a cloth. The smaller metallic one is the one you would want to pay more attention to it is the timing strip but both can cause the issue you are having. If this did not work, please come back and let me know what happened when you tried it by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue. If it did work, please don’t forget to leave a positive rating - it is greatly appreciated.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

sorry for delay - still cleaning. there ar

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Take all the time you need.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

sorry for delay - there are 3 tapes : l transparent smooth, l brown and

ribbed on 1 side and a grey/black plus

rib on 1 side. all quite grubby after wiping. having lcleaned as well

as poss, still not working. any other ideas?

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.

.
Is it still showing the same error code or a different one?
.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
It looks like you have been opening duplicate questions, you need to reply on this page to get back to me.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes - same problem - seems to start up with 'action ' sounds but stopswhen orange light appears in small triangle. cleaned tapes (3) - quite dirty but no difference and still showing EO3 in big bkack square.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Thank you please make sure to reply here or I will not get your replies. Error E03 means there is a jam or blockage usually with the print head. How old is your printer?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

2 years - hardly used as I am 81 and find difficulty in coping with such gadgets! (It was the manufacturer who said it was an EO3 error) which still shows in rhe black window. Tried to reach you earlier but told you were off line. We then repeated questions but glad to have you back.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
I apologize for that I am in the USA so right now it is 7am here and I just got your reply.
If you get stuck with anything I give you let me know and I will walk you through it.

Let's try doing a manual cleaning of the machine and see if that helps at all.
If you have any trouble or get stuck at any point please let me know so I can help you.

Remove all the ink cartridges from the machine.
Then clean the contacts on the cartridges as well as inside the machine itself.
Do this with a small amount of warm water on a cotton swab until no ink comes off on the swab.
If any of the other cartridges are low, empty, leaking or bulging replace them.

Now once you have done all of that turn off the machine and unplug it for 70 seconds
Plug it back it and wait for the insert cartridges message
Insert the cartridges and check to see if the problem is still there.

If this did not work please come back and let me know by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.
If it did work please don’t forget to leave a positive rating it is greatly appreciated.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

have followed your instuctions thoroughly - quite dirty on cloth but still no function. Sounds active when plugged back in but nothing more than whirring sounds as if it is trying to print. Then appears EO3 in the black window & orange light appears before it stops.

l pm here and we have drs. apt at 3.0pm. will you be free after 5 pm our time - that is if you have any other ideas.?

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Unfortunately if the error is still there after this it normally means the carriage itself needs to be replaced. If you have an extended warranty this will normally be covered by it. The factory warranty only covers the machine for a year. Without one I would call around for a price as it can be expensive and some shops will refuse to do the repair. Due to the price some people do decide to replace the machine instead. If you have any questions at all click on reply to expert and let me know. If not please don’t forget to leave a positive rating for my help - it is greatly appreciated. Please note you are rating me only not this site or your Canon.
.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience: Years of experience
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

thank you for all your suggestions which we have carried out most thoroughly, but it seems beyond help. Unfortunately nowhere in the UKoffers a repair service and the machine is too unwieldy to post back to the manufacturer, It seems we will have to bite the bullet - scrap it and buy a new one

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
You're welcome and I sincerely ***** ***** could have given you better news.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

having paid £20 for your excellent input (how do we cancel any further cost? Can you do it?

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
I will send in a report to make sure you do not have a subsciption.
.