Sudipto
Sudipto, Engineer
Experience:  DIploma in Computer Hardware
15197395

Hello, My Canon MP610 printer was low on black ink (large

Hello, My Canon MP610 printer was low on black ink (large tank) then came up with a message, no (u052) the type of print head is incorrect install the correct print head, I put a new large black ink in but the message stayed the same and the printer will do nothing.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Sudipto replied 2 years ago.
WELCOME TO JUST ANSWER!! My name is***** will assist you to solve or identify your problem.

Did you try anything else, except replacing the cartridge ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi, No, I Have done nothing else the machine currently needs a new black ink but if I put one in, I think the message will still rermain.

Expert:  Sudipto replied 2 years ago.
Do you still see the same error code ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes

Expert:  Sudipto replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for the reply, As you can see the error message states, the print head is defective, that is why replacing the cartridge did not solve the problem. This is not only you, most of the customers get confused with the cartridge and printhead. Both are two different things, printhead is the chamber in which we install the cartridges, sometimes ink residue on the contacts of the printhead can also cause this problem. So, the first solution for this problem is to removing the printhead from the printer and then cleaning the contacts on it with a cotton swab, dampened in distilled water.

If this did not solve the problem then, unfortunately the printhead is defective and you have to replace it with a new one.

Please click on "Reply To Expert" below and let me know, if you need any help, otherwise please remember to give positive rating, as that is the only way I am compensated for my time and effort.

Here are the steps for removing the printhead from the printer.

1. Confirm that the printer is powered on.

*MP600 is shown in examples

2. Pull open the paper output tray.

3. Lift the scanning unit (printer cover) completely. (The print head will move to the replacement position.)

Note: When the scanning unit (printer cover) is opened more than ten minutes, the print head moves to the right side. If this occurs, close the scanning unit (printer cover), and open it again.

4. Open the inner cover.

5. Remove the ink tanks by pressing the tab of each tank.

Caution: Handle the ink tanks with care so that your clothes and surrounding area do not get soiled. Make sure to remove the ink tanks one by one.

6. Raise the print head lock lever.

7. Tilt the print head slightly towards the front of the machine and lift out gently.

Print head nozzles <1> , electrical contacts <2>, or ink supply ports <3>.

8. Place the print head in the print head holder and lower the print head lock lever carefully until you hear a click.

9. Insert ink tanks into the print head.

10. Press the mark <PUSH> on the ink tank firmly until you hear a click.

11. Ensure that all the ink tanks are installed properly and the ink tank lamps light red.

<7> The ink tanks are installed properly.
    <8> The ink tanks are not installed properly.

Note: Click for Ink Tank Lamp indications.

12. Close the inner cover and the scanning unit (printer cover).

Caution: When closing the scanning unit (printer cover), be careful not to jam fingers.

N
    ote: The next printing begins, the print head cleaning will begin automatically.
Sudipto, Engineer
Experience: DIploma in Computer Hardware