Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of experience
15852642

My Canon MG 5350 printer is displaying error code 5011 how

My Canon MG 5350 printer is displaying error code 5011 how do i resolve this if possible
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this.
There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure.

Turn the machine off and unplug it.
Then by hand move the print head (cradle) by hand.
It should move freely, if it does not it is damaged.

Move it back and forth across the bar 3 or 4 times.
Then leave it in the middle of the bar.

Plug the machine back in and turn it on.
Give it a minute or two to detect the print head in the middle and recalibrate it.

If this did not work, please come back and let me know what happened when you tried it by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.
If it did work, please don’t forget to leave a positive rating - it is greatly appreciated.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Print head appears to be stuck in right hand corner so not much to get hold of to pull ,don't want to pull to hard in case i break it

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Look inside with a flashlight and make sure there is no bits of paper or anything like that keeping it from moving. If a cartridge popped up a little it could do that as well. It should move freely by hand. If it still will not leave the machine open and plug it back in then turn it on. See if the carriage tries to move with the machine open it should move to the middle.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

nothing stuck inside switched back on and nothing

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
With the machine open it did not try to move to the middle? Will it move manually with it on now?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

no it just seems to be stuck how hard should i pull

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Not hard it should move freely. Not doing so is a bad sign. How old is it? If it is over a year old did you get an extended warranty with it?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

just over 12 months old and no extended warranty

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
How close to 12 months? Sometimes Canon will still cover it if it is only slightly over 12 months.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

not too sure can't put my hand on receipt

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
There is another thing we could try but it would void any warranty so I would only suggest trying it if you are sure your machine would not be covered. Even then it could damage the plastic strip attached to the back of the carriage, however as of right now from what you have told me the carriage assembly would need to be replaced anyway which can be expensive.

If you want to try this you would want to pull hard on the carriage to get it to move over towards you trying the best you can not to damage it in the process. Anything causing it to stick should dislodge with it, or it will not budge at all. If it will not budge the assembly unfortunately needs to be replaced. Due to the price of the part some people do decide to replace the machine instead. If you have any questions at all click on reply to expert and let me know. If not please don’t forget to leave a positive rating for my help - it is greatly appreciated. Please note you are rating me only not this site or your Canon.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

i have managed to pull print head free and moved it side to side turn off power then back on nothing

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Is it giving you the same error? Is it moving on its own properly now?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

giving same error not moving also noticed ink cartridges are not illuminated

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Darn, unfortunately then the carriage assembly would need to be replaced. It should be moving on its own now. This can be expensive when not under warranty so I would call around for a price first. Due to the price of the part some people do decide to replace the machine instead. If you have any questions at all click on reply to expert and let me know. If not please don’t forget to leave a positive rating for my help - it is greatly appreciated. Please note you are rating me only not this site or your Canon.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Ok many thanks not what i wanted to hear as machine not used a lot it has edible inks in as used for cake decoration, many thanks again will leave feedback for you

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
You're welcome and I sincerely ***** ***** could have given you better news. If you have any questions at all click on reply to expert and let me know. If not please don’t forget to leave a positive rating for my help - it is greatly appreciated. Please note you are rating me only not this site or your Canon.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

any suggestions where to price print head

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
The print head is not the problem it would be the entire carriage assembly the print head is only the part you sit the ink cartridges inside of. You would need a technician to order the assembly for you. The price is usually around £75 for the part not including any labour. The entire machine would need to be taken apart to replace the ribbon cables etc. It can be cheaper to replace it with the same model and use this old one for spare parts if anything else ever fails like the logic board, Canon machines tend to have a logic board failure after about 5 years which will show a B200 error. If you have any questions at all click on reply to expert and let me know. If not please don’t forget to leave a positive rating for my help - it is greatly appreciated. Please note you are rating me only not this site or your Canon.
.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience: Years of experience