Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of experience
15852642

i have the canon mg5350 printer, i had to unplug and leave

i have the canon mg5350 printer, i had to unplug and leave for a while as it just went off while printing, now it is showing B200 printer error contact service center
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this.
There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure.
Have you tried cleaning it by hand yet?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

no, what part do i need to clean

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Let's try doing a manual cleaning of the machine and see if that helps at all.
If you have any trouble or get stuck at any point please let me know so I can help you.

Remove all the ink cartridges from the machine.
Then clean the contacts on the cartridges as well as inside the machine itself.
Do this with a small amount of warm water on a cotton swab until no ink comes off on the swab.
If any of the other cartridges are low, empty, leaking or bulging replace them.

Now once you have done all of that turn off the machine and unplug it for 70 seconds
Plug it back it and wait for the insert cartridges message
Insert the cartridges and check to see if the problem is still there.

If this did not work please come back and let me know by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.
If it did work please don’t forget to leave a positive rating it is greatly appreciated.

.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

tried this, nothings changed, nothing came up on printer screen apart from B200 error

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
That would be a very bad sign, how old is the printer? If it is over a year old did you get an extended warranty with it?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

think it just over a year old and no extended warranty! have read on forum somewhere about pushing power button at same time as cancel button??

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
I have no idea where you read that but it would not do anything at all for your error as B200 is a mechanical error caused by either the print head or the logic board. Sometimes just when the print head needs to be cleaned which is what you just did. Remove the ink and then lift the latch on the carriage, remove the print head, with it removed does it still show a B200 error or does it change to a print head missing error?

It should change to missing if the print head is the problem and needs to be replaced rather than just cleaner. If it stays on B200 the logic board needs to be replaced. Both of these can be expensive which is why I asked if it was still under warranty. Without one some people do decide to replace the machine instead. If you have any questions at all click on reply to expert and let me know. If not please don’t forget to leave a positive rating for my help - it is greatly appreciated. Please note you are rating me only not this site or your Canon.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

how do i get the printer head out, when i lift lever it doesnt want to come out

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
It should release from the carriage so it can be removed when the lever is lifted if it did not close and reopen it again.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

got it out, replaced no change, nothing showing on screen

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
It seems you skipped part of what I mentioned, with it removed did it show B200? That will tells us which of the two parts is needed.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes the screen didnt show anything apart from B200 error and the cartridge holder doesnt move to center, you have to move it to center manually

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Unfortunately then as I mentioned if the B200 error stays and it does not change to a missing print head error it means the logic board needs to be replaced. This can be expensive so I would call around for a price as sometimes you can find a used board which is why I asked if it was still under warranty. If you did still have one this part is normally covered. Without one some people do decide to replace the machine instead. If you have any questions at all click on reply to expert and let me know. If not please don’t forget to leave a positive rating for my help - it is greatly appreciated. Please note you are rating me only not this site or your Canon.
.