Viet - Printer Tech
Viet - Printer Tech, Technician
Experience:  Troubleshoot printers, scanners, etc.
30037186

Just bought a canon printer mg3550. I have scanned a photo,

Just bought a canon printer mg3550. I have scanned a photo, which appears in the 'my image garden' but I want to edit it in Picasa and can see no way to do this - please can you help me to move my scanned images either to Picasa, or my canon zoombrowser?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Viet - Printer Tech replied 2 years ago.

Hello Julia! Thank you for your question. I am a licensed printer professional with over ten years of experience, and I will be assisting you today.

I'm sorry about the issue. After scanning, do you see the scanned file in the My Image Garden folder (or current folder or something similar) the folder (My) Documents or (My) Pictures folder?

Does it show in image file or pdf file?

Do you have windows xp, vista, or 7, or 8?

When you are available, please reply back at the box below to continue. Thank you,

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks for your reply - the answers are:

1. Yes I can see the image in the canon 'my image garden' as a pdf file.

I have created a file in my canon zoombrowser and called it 'scanned photos' but cannot see how to then send it to picasa or zoombrowser for editing.

I have windows 7.

I have tried various help facilities, but get bogged down in too many instructions - need something simple for my brain to deal with!

Look forward to hearing from you

Julia xxxxxx

Can I connect remotely to your computer, so I can fix the issue directly on your computer together with you? Please reply at the box below. Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I would much rather you could give me a set of instructions to follow please. I'm hoping that you can just give me a step by step guide - I'm OK once I have clear guidelines

OK, no problem. You need to scan with image format, i.e., in .JPG format, not in .PDF format. Please scan with the following instructions:

- Click on Start->All Programs > Canon Utilities > IJ Scan Utility > IJ Scan Utility to start the IJ Scan Utility program.
, then click on the Photo option
, then wait until it finishes scanning
, then the scanned file (in JPG format, not PDF format) will be in the Pictures folder (click on Start -> Pictures)
, then you can edit in Picasa.

Please let me know. Thank you.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Many Thanks - I think I'm OK now after finding the IJ Scan Utility

Happy CHristmas!

You're welcome. If you need help with anything else, please come back any time. Happy holidays! Thank you