Engineer John C.
Engineer John C., Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ Certified and 10 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

Have cannon printer pixie mg3250. One of the black guides has

Customer Question

Have cannon printer pixie mg3250. One of the black guides has come adrift out the machine. Will I be able fix this fault myself . Look forward to your reply..adams
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this.
There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure.
Can you explain this a little more please? Which guides are you referring to, the guide in the rear paper tray?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes I ref to guides after paper jamming..I removed but found the guide adrift in my hand this part undamged
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
It came out of the machine completely? It should not do that as they are not removable.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
So what's the cure
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
You still have not answered my question above your reply. "It came out of the machine completely? It should not do that as they are not removable."
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The guide has two ,one is a complete the other has slotted hole
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
That still does not answer my question so I am doing to opt out. Please let us know if it detached completely or not for the next person.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The part is & complete out of the of the machine& I hold in my hand
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Detached completely
Expert:  adamd-mod replied 2 years ago.

It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thanks for your patience,

Adam