Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of experience
15852642

I own a Canon Pixma 3550 which I am very happy with. However

Customer Question

I own a Canon Pixma 3550 which I am very happy with. However a piece of paper jammed this morning, I gently pulled the paper from the front but it tore, I have watched a video and have proceeded as told but can barely see the paper inside ?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this.
There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure.
Where in the machine is the paper jammed? Is this an MG3550? Does it show an error or flashing light pattern right now?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have turned it off to enable me to remove the paper. I can only just see a corner of the paper it is at the bottom. ?

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Where are you looking when you can see it? Are you looking from the ink cartridge access?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Where are you looking when you can see it?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

If I Slightly tip the printer up I can just see a corner

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
From where? Where the paper exits, where it enters, etc..
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes but its only a corner I can see

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
That does not answer my question where are you looking from? Where the paper exits, where it enters, etc?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Sorry where it enters

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Thank you ok, open the machine as if you were going to change the ink cartridges. You should hopefully be able to see the paper here as well but may need a flash light. With a pair of long tweezers or anything similar you should be able to remove it from here. If this did not work, please come back and let me know what happened when you tried it by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue. If it did work, please don’t forget to leave a positive rating - it is greatly appreciated.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Ok bless u and thank you for helping me.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
You're welcome and If this did not work, please come back and let me know what happened when you tried it by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue. If it did work, please don’t forget to leave a positive rating - it is greatly appreciated.
.