Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of experience
15852642

my canon mx925 showsa support code 1312 fault about paper jam

my canon mx925 showsa support code 1312 fault about paper jam have checked but no paper jammed can you help
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this.
There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure.
Is the error showing on the printer or computer?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Printer and as a pop up on the computer

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
How does it show on the printer is it the same number? Do any lights flash in a pattern?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It just comes up with Support code 1312 on the printer and advises to checkfor jammed paper . I have checked and there is no paper jammed . there are no flashing lights only the fault on the small screen

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Turn the machine around so you are looking at the back.
There is a cover you squeeze to release remove that cover.
Look very carefully here for anything stuck inside the machine, it may not be paper.
If this did not work, please come back and let me know what happened when you tried it by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.
If it did work, please don’t forget to leave a positive rating - it is greatly appreciated.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

We have tried everything that you have advised and it is still coming up with an error

1312 is the error code

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Was there anything in that area?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

nothing at all

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Turn the machine off and unplug it.
Then by hand move the print head (cradle) by hand.
It should move freely, if it does not it is damaged.

Move it back and forth across the bar 3 or 4 times.
Then leave it in the middle of the bar.

Plug the machine back in and turn it on.
Give it a minute or two to detect the print head in the middle and recalibrate it.

.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Tried all that and it is still coming up with an error code 1312

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Did the carriage move freely? How old is the printer?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes the carriage moved freely and its only a year old. Last night whilst using it the paper kept getting jammed but I was managing to free all the paper. We have had the back off several times at the bit that you squeeze and checked all the inside and can't find any paper or any thing else that seems to be stuck. Error code is still 1312

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Where was the paper jammed originally? Is it under or over a year old?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It was jammed under neath where the paper tray is. I had to remove the paper tray and then put my hand underneath at the back and pull out the paper.

Not sure if under or over a year. It cant be far off a year either side

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Ok well hopefully it is under so you are still under the warranty. Did you remove the tray completely from the machine when you removed the paper or just extended it?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I removed it completely

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Can you remove and reinsert it? Have you already done that as well? Do you happen to have any compressed air or canned air duster?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

We have removed it several times and blew in it and tried everything. When it jammed last night it has caused an error. The paper came out whole and i did everything that i was meant too but don't understand why it still has the paper jam error.

We are trying to find paper work to see if it is in warranty but we have a feeling that it is over a year old

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Turn the machine off, disconnect any cable, and remove all paper. Turn it upside down and shake it side to side a couple of times. If nothing falls out check with the flashlight again, if something does reconnect it and see if you still get an error.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

We have found the cheque receipt and it was purchased on 7/9/13

We have done all of the above and it is still coming up with the same card.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Unfortunately then unless you have bought an extended warranty it is no longer covered. If you have an extended warranty this would normally be covered under it. I really hate to tell you this but if you do not the feeder normally needs to be replaced since nothing is actually jammed in it. This part however can be expensive and due to the price some people do decide to replace the machine instead. The part normally costs £50 to £75 not including any labour and a technician would need to order for you, or you would need to get it out of another machine. If you have any questions at all click on reply to expert and let me know. If not please don’t forget to leave a positive rating for my help - it is greatly appreciated. Please note you are rating me only not this site or your Canon, or what is needed to fix it. I sincerely ***** ***** could have given you better news.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

you advised nothing that I already tried, after 15 months your advice is the printer is finished

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
You never told us you had tried any of that until after I had suggested it so we had no way of knowing that. I also did not say it was finished, I said it needed a part and told you which part it needed. Whether you replace the machine or the part is completely up to you. I have no control what so ever of your machine having a failing part and sincerely ***** ***** did. It is much easier to tell someone what they want to hear than have to give them bad news that they need an expensive part to fix their issue. If you have any questions at all click on reply to expert and let me know. If not please don’t forget to leave a positive rating for my help - it is greatly appreciated. Please note you are rating me only not this site or your Canon, or what is needed to fix it. I sincerely ***** ***** could have given you better news.
.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience: Years of experience
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It still remains you advised nothing that was not already tried, The part advised by you cost £75 to £85, Poor product not your fault, will not buy again

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
As I said I wish it was something I could control but unfortunately it is all I do is work on them. I can help you find a replacement if you would like I work on all brands and models. If you have any questions at all click on reply to expert and let me know. If not please don’t forget to leave a positive rating for my help - it is greatly appreciated. Please note you are rating me only not this site or your Canon, or what is needed to fix it. I sincerely ***** ***** could have given you better news.
.