Sowrav D.
Sowrav D., Engineer
Experience:  Completed Course In Computer Hardware and Printer Repairing
33155275

Hi I have a Kodak ESP9 AIO printer which although connected

Customer Question

Hi I have a Kodak ESP9 AIO printer which although connected to my wifi gives me a error message (printer network discovery service missing) when I try to print.
The other day I received an error message prompting me to update my firmware, but the installation keeps failing and within my programmes, the Kodak programme contains nothing but the user guides!
Have no idea what to do now!
Category: Printers
Expert:  Sowrav D. replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for posting your question. My name is Sowrav and I will try to help you today.

Do you use any anti virus program ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi - yes AVG 2014 but when I checked earlier it said that the printer was enabled, so I'm assuming that this isn't the problem.

Expert:  Sowrav D. replied 1 year ago.
Did you already check AVG settings ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes - as I said above, when I checked earlier, AVG said that the printer was enabled, so I assume this is not the cause of the problem.

Expert:  Sowrav D. replied 1 year ago.
Sometimes, changes in the security level may block some files. Can you please temporarily disable to AVG and try to print ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Just tried that but it still says that the network discovery service is missing and to reinstall the AIO software.

One thing I didn't mention before is that when the problem occurred the other day, I tried to reinstall the software from the disc we received when we purchased the printer, but my laptop couldn't detect anything on the disc!

Expert:  Sowrav D. replied 1 year ago.
In that case, it seems the software is corrupted, I can give you steps to download and reinstall the software or I can use remote support for an additional charge, so that I can directly connect with your PC and do the job for you,while you watch.

Please let me know, what you want to try ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Could you please give me the steps to download and reinstall it first?

For info, before I resorted to using the disc, I had tried to download and reinstall from Kodak's site but although it told me that the installation had failed, it also said 'missing errorcode' so I have no clue what the reason was...

Expert:  Sowrav D. replied 1 year ago.
Do you use Windows XP, Vista or 7 ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Windows 7

Expert:  Sowrav D. replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** the steps below on your PC to remove or delete the printer icon then, follow the next steps to download and install the software and driver. Let me know the result. if you fail then, I am here to help you by remote support.

1.Click Start (windows icon) and select Printer and Devices.

2.Printer and Devices window will open.

3.If you can see the printer icon in the window, right click on it and select Remove Device.

4.The icon will disappear from the window.

1. Open this LINK and click the blue Download button to download the software onto your computer.
  2. Double-click the *.exe file, then follow the on-screen instructions.
  3. When the installation is complete, connect your all-in-one printer to your computer.
  4. Select Start > Programs > Kodak > Kodak AiO Home Center.

it will take some time complete these steps, please reply me back and I will get back to you, as soon as I get back online again. As I am going offline for the day.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Thanks for this but when I tried to download it again said, download failed and told me to retry!

It also said loading prerequisite components, at the same time as the download failed message was showing so I tried to retry a couple of times but the same thing happened.

This is what happened when I tried previously and when I select start/programs/Kodak, the AIO home centre programme is not listed, so it clearly hasn't installed.

I'm therefore not sure if this is a problem with my laptop or Kodak's software so any further advice you can give me next time would be great thanks.

Expert:  Sowrav D. replied 1 year ago.
Did you delete the printer icon ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes! I did, and the icon disappeared but the same problem occurred when I used your link as when I attempted to download the software myself directly from Kodak's site.

Expert:  Sowrav D. replied 1 year ago.
Do you still need help on this issue ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes because the fix you suggested was just a repeat of the action I'd taken before I contacted you. I still have a printer which won't work and don't know how to resolve it.
Expert:  Sowrav D. replied 1 year ago.
As you have already deleted the printer icon and the download failed, please insert the printer disc and let me know, what happen ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
As I have already said in one of my earlier answers above, when I tried using the disc the other day the laptop couldn't read anything on it. I need to go offline now but if you think removing the printer icon will make the laptop able to read the disc I will try this tomorrow.
Expert:  Sowrav D. replied 1 year ago.
May be I missed that reply, no deleting the icon will not help the PC to read the disc. One more thing, after you inserted the disc, did you check the DVD drive name or letter from Windows explorer or as the software installation did not start, you thought that the Pc cannot read the disc ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry not sure what you mean? The machine told me the disc was blank which seemed odd to me but I wasn't sure how to get it to read properly. Can you explain how I can do this and I'll try it tomorrow. Thanks
Expert:  Sowrav D. replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the update, there is no need to use that disc, if you have got error message related to the disc. It seems the problem is in your PC, as I just downloaded the full file in my PC without any problem. I am giving a new link below, open it then click the green Download File button and let me know, if you are able to download the file or not ?

http://tinyurl.com/p6k79w3
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi - I tried using the link above and reached exactly the same stage in th process, (i.e. it almost finished the installation but then failed, while trying to load 'the pre-requisite components'. I then tried using the disc again and this time it did recognise the files. However, when I tried to run setup, it told me that the software I'd selected wasn't available in English and asked me to select my language. There was a drop down list so I clicked on 'English' but it still wouldn't install, as it just got stuck in a loop asking me to select the language again. I tried a couple of times but the same thing happened, so I still don't know what to do!

Hi again, I have tried both the above things again this evening using explorer rather than Firefox (in case that was the cause of the problem), but have experienced the same problems again, with both the download you suggested, and the disc. Still stuck, so can you suggest any other fixes? Thanks

Expert:  Sowrav D. replied 1 year ago.
Are you able to download the file this time, because earlier you said that, downloading is failing every time.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

no - still getting to the same stage (i.e. almost to the end, but it fails while downloading the prerequisite components. Could it be related to a probem with the network rather than my PC or the printer?

Expert:  Sowrav D. replied 1 year ago.

It is very difficult to say, what is causing this problem, as I cannot see it. That's why I asked you, if you want the additional service or not ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How much extra will that cost?
Expert:  Sowrav D. replied 1 year ago.
Please check the offer, if you do not like it then, just ignore it and reply me back here and please remember the whole charge is refundable, if I am not able to solve the problem.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi the only figure I can see is the £20 I was charged for your initial advice so where can I find the offer price you're referring to? Thanks
Expert:  Sowrav D. replied 1 year ago.
Did you see the offer window, it must be on the page, from where you are replying me or check your emails.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi I'm not sure why you've sent me an email saying you've fixed my problem as I've not yet confirmed whether I'd like to pay extra for you to remotely access my PC. The price info isn't in my email and the only price contained in this page is the £20 I referred to in my previous answer, but because of Xmas I've not had chance to check other pages on the website to see how much it would cost, so I believe this query is still open. I will, however, try and locate the additional cost info tomorrow and then update you again. Hope that's ok? Thanks
Expert:  Sowrav D. replied 1 year ago.
Yes, the question is still open, if you check the Justanswer website, you will see the offer.