Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of experience
15852642

Canon MP610 Printer not printing text.Mac OS X10.10 OS.With

Canon MP610 Printer not printing text.Mac OS X10.10 OS.With Word For Mac.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this.
There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure.
If you print this page what comes out?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Freddy,

the page has printed in all colours bar black,this seems to be the issue.

I have change cartridges and don deep nozzle clean ,no joy.Test pattern does not give a black stripe.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Ok so everything on this page printed except the text? That is a bad sign and a sign of a failing part. If you make a copy from the scanner glass is the black print blank as well?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Not printing any black.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
That is not good and means it is definitely hardware related.
Let's try doing a manual cleaning of the machine and see if that helps at all.
If you have any trouble or get stuck at any point please let me know so I can help you.

Remove all the ink cartridges from the machine.
Then clean the contacts on the cartridges as well as inside the machine itself.
Do this with a small amount of warm water on a cotton swab until no ink comes off on the swab.
If any of the other cartridges are low, empty, leaking or bulging replace them.

Now once you have done all of that turn off the machine and unplug it for 70 seconds
Plug it back it and wait for the insert cartridges message
Insert the cartridges and check to see if the problem is still there.

If this did not work please come back and let me know by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.
If it did work please don’t forget to leave a positive rating it is greatly appreciated.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Still No Black Text.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
How old is the printer? Have you ever replaced the print head?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

2 years old,never replaced the print head.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Did you happen to get an extended warranty with the printer? The factory warranty only lasts a year.Do you know how to remove the print head?.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No extended warranty.Removing print head looks within my capabilities.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Ok to remove it all you should need to do is remove the ink then lift a lever or latch.
The latch releases the print head from the carriage so you can remove it.

Remove it and soak the print head in warm water for 10 minutes.
Repeat this with fresh water every 10 minutes until after waiting the water is clear.

Then do not test the machine yet, let the print head dry, put the print head and ink back in.
Now we need to do an internal cleaning just to make sure anything stuck in the nozzles is flushed out before testing.

Select 'Settings' on the HOME screen.
Select 'Maintenance', then press the ok button.
Select deep 'Cleaning', then press the ok button. The confirmation screen is displayed.

After it is finished test it by printing this page.
If this did not work, please come back and let me know what happened when you tried it by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.
If it did work, please don’t forget to leave a positive rating - it is greatly appreciated.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Problem still remains.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Darn, I was afraid you would say that. I really hate to tell you this but that means the print head needs to be replaced. The part number is ***** you can get one here: Click Here Due to the price of the part some people do decide to replace the printer instead. If you have any questions at all click on reply to expert and let me know. If not please don’t forget to leave a positive rating for my help - it is greatly appreciated. Please note you are rating me only not this site or your Canon.
.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience: Years of experience