Thanks, ***** *****'t know, if you will like my honest answer or not, because the problem you are facing can be caused by two things. One, defective printhead and two defective logic board, which send operate the printhead. Unfortunately at home, it is not possible to check with a spare printhead for confirming the exact issue. In service centers we can do that. Although, in most of cases, it is seen that, the problem was caused due to the printhead and in some cases it is the logic board.
I am extremely sorry for this answer, please reply me back, if you want to know the steps for replacing the printhead, but before that remove the printhead following the steps below then, clean the copper/gold contacts on it with a cotton swab and distilled water.
Remove the print head or ink tanks properly following the procedure below.
1. Confirm that the printer is powered on and open the top cover. The print head moves to the replacement position.
Note: When the top cover is opened more than ten minutes, the print head moves to the right side. If this occurs, close the top cover, and open it again.
2. Open the paper output tray and pull down the inner cover.
3. Remove the ink tanks by pressing the tab of each tank.
Note: Handle the ink tanks with care so that your clothes and surrounding area do not get soiled. When replacing multiple ink tanks, make sure to replace one by one.
4. When removing the print head, raise the print head lock lever first.
To reinstall the Print Head and Ink Tanks
1. Place the print head in the holder and lower the print head lock lever carefully until you hear a click.
2. Insert ink tanks into the print head.
Press the mark 'PUSH' on the ink tank firmly until you hear a click.
3. Ensure that all the ink tanks are installed properly and the ink tank lamps light red.
<1> The ink tanks are installed properly.
<2> The ink tanks are not installed properly.
Note: <Ink Tank Lamp> You can check the status of each ink tank according to the way its lamp flashes.
- On: The printer is ready to print.
- Slow flashing (at about three second interval): Ink is low. Prepare a new ink tank.
- Fast flashing (at about one second interval): Ink tank is empty, or the printer is not ready due to an error.
- Off: An error has occurred and the printer is not ready to print.
4. Put back the inner cover and close the top cover.Note:
When starting printing next time, the print head cleaning launches automatically.
During the print head cleaning, the Power lamp flashes green. Do not do other operations until the flashes stops.