I have Canon iP4200 which has worked well with photo printing, but suddenly the colours are wrong. Everything is printing with a pinkishcolour. I can overcome this by adjusting & compensating the colours with the originals, but as I'm printing about 200 per week, it's labour intensive to keep changing stuff. Any ideas please?
I've tried several deep cleans, and also changed the ink cartriges.
The photo prints fine if I overcompensate with the colour before printing.
I could only think it was either the print-head was kaputt, or a software issue.
There was no warning signs, everything was OK, and then when used again everything is pinkish in colour, so it was not progressive but instant.
Yes, colours are fine when I print compliment slips
Remove the print head or ink tanks properly following the procedure below.
1. Confirm that the printer is powered on and open the top cover. The print head moves to the replacement position.
Note: When the top cover is opened more than ten minutes, the print head moves to the right side. If this occurs, close the top cover, and open it again.
2. Open the paper output tray and pull down the inner cover.
3. Remove the ink tanks by pressing the tab of each tank.
Note: Handle the ink tanks with care so that your clothes and surrounding area do not get soiled. When replacing multiple ink tanks, make sure to replace one by one.
4. When removing the print head, raise the print head lock lever first.
To reinstall the Print Head and Ink Tanks
1. Place the print head in the holder and lower the print head lock lever carefully until you hear a click.
2. Insert ink tanks into the print head.
Press the mark 'PUSH' on the ink tank firmly until you hear a click.
3. Ensure that all the ink tanks are installed properly and the ink tank lamps light red.
<1> The ink tanks are installed properly.<2> The ink tanks are not installed properly.
Note: <Ink Tank Lamp> You can check the status of each ink tank according to the way its lamp flashes.- On: The printer is ready to print.- Slow flashing (at about three second interval): Ink is low. Prepare a new ink tank.- Fast flashing (at about one second interval): Ink tank is empty, or the printer is not ready due to an error.- Off: An error has occurred and the printer is not ready to print.
4. Put back the inner cover and close the top cover.
I understand with the printhead, and I do have a spare printhead from another iP4200 printer, but are you saying to replace the print head or clean it please?
What is the logic board is this in the printer or in my PC please?