Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of experience
15852642

My printer Pixna iP100 is now doing three flashes and then

Customer Question

My printer Pixna iP100 is now doing three flashes and then a pause on the right hand orange light. This is then repeated. Th green light ison constantly. What is wrong. How can I obtain a manual that would help me with problems of this kind with this printer?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem. I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this. There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure. For the manual you would need to buy one but they are not often sold, I believe there is one currently on Amazon used. Canon will not sell them to consumers. Is it always 3 orange flashes? 3 flashes indicates a paper jam on this machine.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you Freddy. In fact the flashing has now stopped when one switches it on but if one tries to print, the paper does not move and the machine makes a horrible buzzing noise for a few moments. Sounds like a paper jam of some kind. Should I just post it back to Canon for a repair? - it is such a useful machine.

Simon

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
If it is still under warranty then yes I would send it to Canon, if it is no longer under warranty Canon techs would be more expensive than a local one. Is it under warranty? Where on the machine does the noise come from?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It is not under warranty. The noise comes from what would be the platen on a typewriter, on the right hand side as one faces it. I am in London.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Can you confirm it is an ip100 and not an ip1000 please? If it is an ip1000 that could be the carriage.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It is an iP100 not 1000.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Ok if it was a 1000 like I mentioned it could of been the carriage but the 100 does not have that type of print system. Unfortunately from what you described it would need to be sent to Canon to be repaired. However since it is not under warranty it is usually cheaper to replace the machine itself. This is the cheapest I have found it: Click Here The repair would be a little more than that price. If you have any questions at all click on reply to expert and let me know. If not please don’t forget to leave a positive rating for my help - it is greatly appreciated. Please note you are rating me only not this site or your Canon.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks. I have ordered it at £150 as you suggest. No point in repairing an old machine. I've had several good years' use out of it.

Thanks for all your help.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
You're welcome and If you have any questions at all click on reply to expert and let me know. If not please don’t forget to leave a positive rating for my help - it is greatly appreciated. Please note you are rating me only not this site or your Canon.
.