carlbradshaw
carlbradshaw, Engineer
Experience:  I have had many years of experience with all kinds of printers repairs.
63750231

I have managed to get a document stuck between my laptop and

Customer Question

I have managed to get a document stuck between my laptop and printer (Canon MP220) which is now preventing me from printing anything else. How do I delete the document that is stuck?
Category: Printers
Expert:  carlbradshaw replied 1 year ago.
Customer:

My name is ***** ***** I am here to help you. Please left click on the start button in the lower left corner of your computer screen. When it pops up then left click on "Printers and faxes". A window will open up with a list of all your printing devices. Find the printer you are having trouble with. Double left click on that printer and that printer control box will pop up. You should be able to see the file/files that are giving you problems. simply left click on the file that will not print to highlight it. Then select "Document" in the tool bar and you will see several option. Click on "cancel". This should clear the file from the printer buffer and free up the printer.

Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
I switched us over from chat Q&A so you will not incure any more charges.
Please let me know if this works for you. (sometimes it takes a few minutes for the printer buffer to clear so be patient).
If this does not solve you problem let me know and we can continue to try and solve your problem.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It would have been a great answer, except that I was stupid enough to delete the printer (wrongly added) before deleting the document that I had sent to it. Problem is that I now have a trouble shooter showing that there is a document blocking more printing, and no way that I can either find the document or the printer I sent it to!
Well, lets try this from a different angle. Try killing the troubleshooter application. I can explain how to do that if you are unsuccessful at it. Then lets install the correct printer and see if things will work from there. If need be we might have to schedule a time were we can be online at the same time to work through this.
If that is the case just let me know what time zone you are in and a window of hours we can work from.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for getting back to me. Thankfully I fgured it out and went into windows to delete the offending print queue.
Ginny
So is there anything else I can help you with or have we solved the problems for now?

Please feel free to call on me again if you need assistance with other problems that may com up.

Carl

Please don't forget to see below on how to leave feedback. These are very improtant to us.