Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of experience
15852642

Hello again I have a Kodak ESP 5250 printer with a jammed

Hello again
I have a Kodak ESP 5250 printer with a jammed printer head error code 3527 - could you help resolve please
Allen
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this.
There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure.
If you open it does the ink move over?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

hello Freddy what info do you need?

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
It seems you missed it so here is my reply again:
If you open it does the ink move over?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

no

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
How old is the machine?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

3 years

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Turn the machine off and unplug it.
Then by hand move the print head (cradle) by hand.
It should move freely, if it does not it is damaged.

Move it back and forth across the bar 3 or 4 times.
Then leave it in the middle of the bar.

Plug the machine back in and turn it on.
Give it a minute or two to detect the print head in the middle and recalibrate it.

If this did not work, please come back and let me know what happened when you tried it by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.
If it did work, please don’t forget to leave a positive rating - it is greatly appreciated.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
print head cradle will not move it`s stuck is there a way to free it?
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
No as I mentioned it should move freely unless it is damaged, try it with the machine on instead of off. Some models need it on to do this.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

tried moving it with printer on with no success

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Did you happen to get an extended warranty with it?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

afraid not

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Normally I would not recommend this but since you are out of warranty pull hard on the carriage rather than gently. The reason I do not normally recommend this is you can sometimes damage the encoder strip by doing this. However right now you would have to replace the carriage assembly which the strip is part of and the print head sits inside of. So if you damage it you most likely were going to have to replace it anyway.

It is the plastic strip attached to the back of the carriage itself. Once you do get it towards you look inside again behind it in case anything was jammed on that side. If when you turn it back on the same thing happens I really hate to tell you this but you would need to replace the carriage assembly which normally costs around £75.

Due to the price some people do decide to replace the machine if it is more than a year old if you decide to go that route I would be happy to help you find a replacement. If you have any questions at all click on reply to expert and let me know. If not please don’t forget to leave a positive rating for my help - it is greatly appreciated. Please note you are rating me only not this site or your Kodak.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

hang on let me try the forceful way and I`ll get back

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Take your time.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

ok really jammed and have now pulled plastic strip off cradle so completely broken

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Unfortunately that is why I normally do not recommend that way but as I mentioned that part was going to need to be replaced anyway.That strip is part of the carriage assembly which normally costs around £75. Due to the price some people do decide to replace the machine if it is more than a year old if you decide to go that route I would be happy to help you find a replacement. If you have any questions at all click on reply to expert and let me know. If not please don’t forget to leave a positive rating for my help - it is greatly appreciated. Please note you are rating me only not this site or your Kodak.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

ok any recommendation where to purchase a similar printer replacement

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Amazon.co.uk is usually good for this type of thing. I would recommend looking into the Epson WorkForce series machines. Though I would not recommend any other series like the xp's made by Epson. The WorkForce models are currently the best built on the market and tend to last the longest. Kodak essentially went out of business and uses a lot cheaper materials which is why they can break for a Jam so I would avoid those. If you have any questions at all click on reply to expert and let me know. If not please don’t forget to leave a positive rating for my help - it is greatly appreciated. Please note you are rating me only not this site or your Kodak.
.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience: Years of experience