Sowrav D.
Sowrav D., Engineer
Experience:  Completed Course In Computer Hardware and Printer Repairing
33155275

I have a canon i455 printer and the paper will not feed. Also

Customer Question

I have a canon i455 printer and the paper will not feed. Also the ***** *****ght on the right hand side flashes. How do I rectify this?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Sowrav D. replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for posting your question. My name is Sowrav and I will try to help you today.

How many times the ***** *****ght flashes or the it flashes amber and green alternatively ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The green light is on though is interrupted by the flashing ***** *****ght.

Does this help?

Expert:  Sowrav D. replied 2 years ago.
How many times the ***** *****ght flashes ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

All the time. It just goes from green to amber constantly.

Expert:  Sowrav D. replied 2 years ago.
Do you mean, it flashes alternatively from green to amber or it flashes amber for certain number of times and then one green etc.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It flashes alternatively from green to amber constantly.

Expert:  Sowrav D. replied 2 years ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** already tried anything to solve the problem ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes, I've un plugged the printer and took out the USB lead and then re connected though the problem remains the same.

Expert:  Sowrav D. replied 2 years ago.
Please open the printer cover and let me know if the cartridges can move to the replacement position or seems to be jammed ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes it moves when powered up but then moves to the right so I cannot change the cartridges so yes I would say it seems to be jammed.

Expert:  Sowrav D. replied 2 years ago.
Can you tell me,if you see any error message on the PC, when you try to print ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have a Mac and there is no error message when I try to print though of course at the moment I can't print!!

Expert:  Sowrav D. replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for waiting, the printer is indicating that, the waste ink tanks are nearly full and you have to replace them. This cannot be done at home, because to do that you have to completely dismantle the printer, but what you can do at home to reset the printer, if this does not help then, unfortunately you have to repair the printer.

Please follow the steps below to reset the printer.

1. Turn off the printer ( "Power" button).

2. Hold the button "Resume", include printer (click "Power").

3. Hold the "Power" button, release the button "Resume" (power indicator / preparedness must turns green)

4. Not releasing the "Power" button, double click "Resume" and release both buttons
-- each time you click "Resume" power indicator / willingness to change color (one-click - yellow, the second hitting - green). U printers with more than one indicator - indication switches (power indicator / preparedness - green indicator error - yellow)
-- after the buttons are released, power indicator / preparedness will be for some time to blink green (Stamford time depends on the printer model), and then the green light permanently
-- If after these actions instead of constantly burning green printer continues to display error, or you are mistaken in paragraphs 1-4 (turn off the printer and repeat with paragraph 1), or if additional printer error that must be corrected, or it will not go down to a service mode.

5. Four times click "Resume" (each time you click "Resume" power indicator / willingness to change color, and the printers with more than one indicator - indication switches: the willingness / error).

6. Once you click "Power" to confirm the selected action (reset counter absorber). To disable the printer "Power" button to click again.
For some printers (for example, iP2000) to switch off clicking "Power" again, that is three in a row.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Well I've tried everything so I reckon I just need a new printer!!

Thankyou for your help.

E.Harding

Expert:  Sowrav D. replied 2 years ago.
If you have already tried to reset the printer, following the same steps, then unfortunately the printer needs to repaired or replaced with a new one.

Please let me know if you need any further help, otherwise please remember to give rating for my time and effort.