Engineer John C.
Engineer John C., Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ Certified and 10 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

cnon pixma model 3100 serial number LMWA53851 printer not

Customer Question

cnon pixma model 3100 serial number LMWA53851
printer not working with computer. Put new coloured ink in and saying ink empty and an error fault showing on printer.
Where is our nearest repair shop we are in Witney OX28 5LY Oxfordshire
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem. I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this. There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure. Refills are not supported by Canon neither are compatible non-genuine cartridges, most machines are chipped in order to not allow them at all. Can you try a genuine non-refilled Canon cartridge and see if the same thing happens?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I only use genuine canon cartridges by the way I do not wish to sign up for any of the 3 options I just want information or repair service for this problem

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
You said you are using refills right now? Did you mean replacement cartridges? If you did do the old ones do the same thing? How old is the machine? What area are you in so I can look for a local technician? You also do not have a subscription you are most likely seeing an ad for one. I unfortunately can not turn off the ads.
.