Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of experience
15852642

MG5200 My printer is telling me B200 an error has occurred

MG5200 My printer is telling me B200 an error has occurred unplug from mains and contact service centre
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this.
There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure.

Turn the machine off and unplug it.
Then by hand move the print head (cradle) by hand.
It should move freely, if it does not it is damaged.

Move it back and forth across the bar 3 or 4 times.
Then leave it in the middle of the bar.

Plug the machine back in and turn it on.
Give it a minute or two to detect the print head in the middle and recalibrate it.

If this did not work, please come back and let me know what happened when you tried it by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.
If it did work, please don’t forget to leave a positive rating - it is greatly appreciated.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I got the same error message

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Let's try doing a manual cleaning of the machine and see if that helps at all.
If you have any trouble or get stuck at any point please let me know so I can help you.

Remove all the ink cartridges from the machine.
Then clean the contacts on the cartridges as well as inside the machine itself.
Do this with a small amount of warm water on a cotton swab until no ink comes off on the swab.
If any of the other cartridges are low, empty, leaking or bulging replace them.

Now once you have done all of that turn off the machine and unplug it for 70 seconds
Plug it back it and wait for the insert cartridges message
Insert the cartridges and check to see if the problem is still there.

If this did not work please come back and let me know by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.
If it did work please don’t forget to leave a positive rating it is greatly appreciated.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Same error message doesn't ask for cartridges

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
That is not a good sign. How old is the printer? If you remove the ink cartridges is there a latch you can lift on the carriage?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Probably 4 years have lifted the latch

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
You should be able to remove the print head after lifting it. Soak the print head in warm water for 10 minutes. Repeat this with fresh water every 10 minutes until afterwards the water is clear. Let it dry for 10 minutes then put it back in the machine. Put the ink cartridges back in and then do this:

Turn the machine off and unplug it.

Then leave it in the middle of the bar.

.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Done all that still error message

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Darn I was afraid you would say that. Unfortunately since we have ruled out the print head it means the logic board has failed and needs to be replaced. This part can be expensive so I would call around for a price. Normally it costs between £50 and £75 for the part alone. Due to the price some people do decide to replace the machine if it is more than a year old if you decide to go that route I would be happy to help you find a replacement. If you have any questions or need any help following these steps click on reply to expert and let me know. If not please don't forget to leave a positive rating for my help it is greatly appreciated. Please note you are rating me only not your Canon or this site.
.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience: Years of experience