Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of experience
15852642

I have a Canon MG 6350-it has worked well for a year but I

Customer Question

I have a Canon MG 6350-it has worked well for a year but I recently changed all the inks -as they were all low- for all authentic Canon inks. but when printing the colurs are very pale and the yellow andblack have not been used. I have used every cleaning mode but no results.Do I need to reload the drivers?Thank you ,Wendy Whistler.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this.
There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure.
Have you tried cleaning the machine yet?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes ,I have carried out all the modes of cleanng.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
How did you clean it? Have you cleaned it by hand yet?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No, I have only run the computer/printer generated methods.I do not know how to clean by hans.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Let's try doing a manual cleaning of the machine and see if that helps at all.
If you have any trouble or get stuck at any point please let me know so I can help you.

Remove all the ink cartridges from the machine.
Then clean the contacts on the cartridges as well as inside the machine itself.
Do this with a small amount of warm water on a cotton swab until no ink comes off on the swab.
If any of the other cartridges are low, empty, leaking or bulging replace them.

Now once you have done all of that turn off the machine and unplug it for 70 seconds
Plug it back it and wait for the insert cartridges message
Insert the cartridges and check to see if the problem is still there.

If this did not work please come back and let me know by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.
If it did work please don’t forget to leave a positive rating it is greatly appreciated.

.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience: Years of experience
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Freddy M

I have now been able to manually clean the heads of printer and cartridges but unfortunately there is no change --the copies are still very pale and the yellow is not being used.Sorry to be a pain but where do I go from here? wendy Whistler

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Remove the cartridges and look at the carriage, is there a latch or lever you can lift? Not all have one if you do it would release the print head so you can remove it from the carriage.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Freddy M

Again ,unfortunately there is not a lever or latch to lift so what next! Wendy Whistler

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
The models with it have a removable print head we can deep cleaning by removing it, when they do not have a lever they can not be removed. So to do a manual deep clean you need to use one of these kits instead: Click Here Sometimes local shops carry them as well but it is rare.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you ***** have ordered one of these deep cleaning kits from the printer hospital via Amazon and will see how this goes.Will let you know as soon as I have used it. Wendy Whistler

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
You're welcome and take all the time you need.
.