Sowrav D.
Sowrav D., Engineer
Experience:  Completed Course In Computer Hardware and Printer Repairing
33155275
Printers

How can I scan a document on my Canon MG3550, then save the

documen on my computer?
Category: Printers
Nick H., Technician
replied 1 year ago.
Hello, and thanks for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will help you today.
Normally, when you scan from printer, it will save into Documents under Scan or Pictures under Scan folder. Check for those scan folders. Then make a copy (or cut and paste) the file into your Desktop or Documents. Attach to email and send it.
If you have any questions or concerns, please reply back to continue our conversation. If you do not require further assistance, kindly rate my service. Thank you!
Nick
Customer reply replied 1 year ago.

I have placed the document in my scanner pressed the print button and the printer has pruduced a copy of the document,but this is not saved on my computer, so I am not able to send it as an attachment, am I doing it wrong?

Nick H., Technician replied 1 year ago.
Graham,
You are printing. You need to change the function to Scan and press START button. Is the printer connecting to any computer?
Nick
Customer reply replied 1 year ago.

Yes the printer is conected to my laptop computer, but I cannot find any button to press on the printer that shows scan on it. The buttons on the coputer simply read A4 paper, 4 x 6 paper, black, and colour.

I feel very foolish I am sure that I must be doing something wrong

Nick H., Technician replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Graham for your details.
Please try this. First put a document into the scan area. Close the lid. On your computer, open Printers. Right click on printer and select Scan. It should show some options. Leave everything the same and click Continue or Scan.
Does it scan and ask you to save?
Nick
Customer reply replied 1 year ago.

I have clicked on right and it reads, See what is printing,,Set as Default, Printing Preferances, Delete Print Queue, Create Short Cut,Troubleshoot

Remove Dvice

Graham,

Nick H., Technician replied 1 year ago.
Graham,
Thanks for your info. Do you still have the Canon disc to install driver for your printer so it can scan?
Nick
Customer reply replied 1 year ago.

Yes ,the printer is only a week old so I have the disk, but I think I have installed everything should I try again

Nick H., Technician replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Graham.
Please insert the disc into your PC. Run the Setup. See if you can run FULL installation instead of just install the print driver.
Nick
Customer reply replied 1 year ago.

Hi Nick I have reinstalled the printer and Iam still not able to scan and save.

I have right clicked on the printer but nothing changes

Nick H., Technician replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Graham for your update. I am running out of time now. Let me open your question to all experts who can remote into your computer to assist you.
Nick
Jason Jones, Technician
replied 1 year ago.
My name is Jason. I look forward to helping you today.
I can see that you may need a little bit of extra help.
Do you still need help with this problem? If so, may I start a screen sharing session on your computer and help you resolve the problem?
Sowrav D., Engineer
replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for posting your question. My name is Sowrav and I will try to help you today.

You will have to use the Scan IJ utility to scan your documents. First open the utility following the steps below then, open this LINK and follow the steps to scan.

If you use Windows 8:

Select IJ Scan Utility on the Start screen to start IJ Scan Utility.

If IJ Scan Utility is not displayed on the Start screen, select the Search charm, then search for "IJ Scan Utility".

If you use Windows 7/Windows Vista/Windows XP:

From the Start menu, select All Programs > Canon Utilities > IJ Scan Utility > IJ Scan Utility to start IJ Scan Utility.

figure: IJ Scan Utility