Nathan
Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Computer networking/repair. 20+ years experience printer repair
59725966

I have a Canon wireless MG8150 printer. It will not print,

I have a Canon wireless MG8150 printer. It will not print, giving message "printer error". I have tried all obvious things, switching on and off, checking ink tanks not run out etc. No messages on actual printer, which has no warning messages. Message displayed on laptop when I try to print. No apparent problems with wireless connections. Can you help?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.
Nathan :

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

Nathan :

If you try to make a photocopy from the glass, directly on the printer, does that function ok?

Customer:

The scan function on the printer works as normal. I had just scanned an item and then tried to print it, as I usually do when the error occurred and it refused to print.

Nathan :

Can you tell me the exact error message/code number you're getting? Is this showing on the computer, or in the printer display?

Customer:

There is no error message code on printer or laptop. On laptop, message "printer error" appears as soon as I try to print any kind of item.

Nathan :

Okay if it is only coming up on the laptop, then this is going to be a spooler or driver issue.

Nathan :

Go to your start menu then devices/printers.

Nathan :

Open up the Canon, and see if there are any print jobs stuck in the queue that didn't complete. Cancel/delete them.

Nathan :

If no change, then the next step would be to delete (right click on Canon icon then Remove Device). A reboot would be recommended after this step. Then from there you'll click on Add a Printer to reinstall it, and you can try to print again.

Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.