Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of experience
15852642

although using new inks(kodak) my printer is missing most of

although using new inks(kodak) my printer is missing most of the black printing. It is printing colour perfectly. Have tried cleaning but to no avail.Help please
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this.
There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure.
What model is this? How did you clean it?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

ESP 3.2

clicked on maintenance and clean print head

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Let's try doing a manual cleaning of the machine and see if that helps at all.
If you have any trouble or get stuck at any point please let me know so I can help you.

Remove all the ink cartridges from the machine.
Then clean the contacts on the cartridges as well as inside the machine itself.
Do this with a small amount of warm water on a cotton swab until no ink comes off on the swab.
If any of the other cartridges are low, empty, leaking or bulging replace them.

Now once you have done all of that turn off the machine and unplug it for 70 seconds
Plug it back it and wait for the insert cartridges message
Insert the cartridges and check to see if the problem is still there.

If this did not work please come back and let me know by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.
If it did work please don’t forget to leave a positive rating it is greatly appreciated.

.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

sorry still no better

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Ok, do you know how to remove the print head? How old is the printer?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

no idea

printer is just 2 years old

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
OK remove the ink cartridges and then remove the print head like this image:

Soak the print head in warm water for 10 minutes. Then after 10 minutes repeat this with fresh water. Do this until after 10 minutes the water is clear. Let it dry another 10 minutes the do not test it but put it back into the machine. Put the ink cartridges in then run the maintenance cleaning once, to force out any water that may still be inside the nozzles, if you do not do this it will come out blank. After that test it and see if anything changes. If this did not work please come back and let me know by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue. If it did work please don’t forget to leave a positive rating it is greatly appreciated.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

have done as suggested but still not printing black. Colour is fine

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
I was afraid you would say that, unfortunately that means the print head needs to be replaced. The reason it only happens with the black is because the print head has separate nozzles for each type. Only the black nozzle is worn but you can not replace just the nozzle. You can get a new print head from here: Click Here Just like ink cartridges they are consumable and need to be replaced every once in a while most tend to last between 1 and 3 years. If you have any questions at all click on reply to expert and let me know. If not please don’t forget to leave a positive rating for my help - it is greatly appreciated. Please note you are rating me only not this site or your Kodak.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

HAVE ORDERED NEW PRINT HEAD

HOPE THIS WORKS

THANKS.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
You're welcome and If you have any questions at all click on reply to expert and let me know. If not please don’t forget to leave a positive rating for my help - it is greatly appreciated. Please note you are rating me only not this site or your Kodak.
.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience: Years of experience
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi New printer head just arrived,excellent timing.

Have fitted it and everything is working perfectly.

Thanks for your assistance and hope this one lasts a bit longer

Sue Dale.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
You're welcome and I hope you have a wonderful day.
.