Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of experience
15852642

when printing or copying copy is at a angle to paper

when printing or copying copy is at a angle to paper no problem with photo printing.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this.
There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure.
What model printer is this?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi sorry i did not say it is a Cannon Pixma MG 5350

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Does this happen with both color as well as black and white prints?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

All is fine with photo print problem is only A4 paper

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
That does not actually answer my question, on A4 does this happen with both color as well as black and white prints?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Ok please print out a blank page and let me know if the same thing happens. Wtach the page as it enters and let me know if it enters at an angle.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

As the paper is taken from the base tray it is a job to see but it seems to enter straight and exit straight

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Ok then it could be an issue with the print head which acts different when printing on photo paper.
Let's try doing a manual cleaning of the machine and see if that helps at all.
If you have any trouble or get stuck at any point please let me know so I can help you.

Remove all the ink cartridges from the machine.
Then clean the contacts on the cartridges as well as inside the machine itself.
Do this with a small amount of warm water on a cotton swab until no ink comes off on the swab.
If any of the other cartridges are low, empty, leaking or bulging replace them.

Now once you have done all of that turn off the machine and unplug it for 70 seconds
Plug it back it and wait for the insert cartridges message
Insert the cartridges and check to see if the problem is still there.

If this did not work please come back and let me know by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.
If it did work please don’t forget to leave a positive rating it is greatly appreciated.

.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Sorry still the same

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Look through the output tray do you see these rollers?
Rollers.jpg
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes i can

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Ok using a tiny amount of warm water on a long cotton swab clean those as best you can. Those rollers can get very dirty and can cause this issue. It is usually only one that is causing the problem but it is best to clean them all anyway.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

still no change a fair amount of cyan to clean off

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
It can sometimes take up to 3 tries, they should also turn freely when pushed with a little pressure make sure to clean all sides. Then after each cleaning feed a single piece of thick paper like cardstock through printing a blank page.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No joy still the same

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
That is not a good sign. How old is the printer? Did you get an extended warranty with it?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

About 13 month no extended warranty

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
The factory warranty only lasts a year and what you are describing is one of those rollers pictures above not working properly while feeding. In order to fix this the feeder normally needs to be replaced since cleaning did not work. You can try blowing it out with compressed air as well in case something is lodged behind one of the rollers but normally they will not spin with the swab if that is the case. The part itself can be expensive as it costs between £75 and £100 the labour would be about the same as it takes an hour usually. Due to the price when not under warranty some people do decide to replace the machine instead. If you have any questions at all click on reply to expert and let me know. If not please don’t forget to leave a positive rating for my help - it is greatly appreciated. Please note you are rating me only not this site or your Canon.
.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience: Years of experience