Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of experience
15852642

my 6150 printer shows

Customer Question

my 6150 printer shows a printhead cartridge error
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this.
There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure.
What brand 6150 is this? What is the exact and entire error including any numbers? Does the error show on the printer or computer?
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Kodak 6150

no error code

also printer head does not move to centre when I lift up to replace the cartridge

hope this helps

A

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
.
The carriage not moving over is a bad sign, how old is the printer?
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

3 years old

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
.
Turn the machine off and unplug it.
Then by hand move the print head (cradle) by hand.
It should move freely, if it does not it is damaged.

Move it back and forth across the bar 3 or 4 times.
Then leave it in the middle of the bar.

Plug the machine back in and turn it on.
Give it a minute or two to detect the print head in the middle and recalibrate it.

If this did not work, please come back and let me know what happened when you tried it by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.
If it did work, please don’t forget to leave a positive rating - it is greatly appreciated.
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Freddy

cannot remove printer head as it will not come to centre when I switch it off and on? It's jammed

I think there is a fault which cannot be corrected ?

Thanks for your help? sorry you couldn't fix the problem

BW
A

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
.
What happens when you try to move it by hand? Is it refusing to budge at all? Can you try it with the machine on rather than off?
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Tried both

Have been doing trying to resolve this issue for three weeks now and Kodak website is not a very useful tool at all, I cannot even phone anyone? PC world where I bought the printer from have declared that my 3 year cover plan expired in October 2014?

I went online and two persons with the same problem literally describe how they resolved the issue by taking a sledge hammer to their respective printers! :(

A

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
.
Kodak essentially went out of business and would only help if it was under a year old. The reason I asked for the age was actually because extended warranties like the one you mentioned end after 3 years. Normally I would not recommend this but since you are out of warranty pull hard on the carriage rather than gently. The reason I do not normally recommend this is you can sometimes damage the encoder strip by doing this. However right now you would have to replace the carriage assembly which the strip is part of and the print head sits inside of. So if you damage it you most likely were going to have to replace it anyway.

It is the plastic strip attached to the back of the carriage itself. Once you do get it towards you look inside again behind it in case anything was jammed on that side. If when you turn it back on the same thing happens I really hate to tell you this but you would need to replace the carriage assembly which normally costs around £75.

Due to the price some people do decide to replace the machine if it is more than a year old if you decide to go that route I would be happy to help you find a replacement. If you have any questions at all click on reply to expert and let me know. If not please don’t forget to leave a positive rating for my help - it is greatly appreciated. Please note you are rating me only not this site or your Kodak.
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for your help

I guess it was a mechanical issue

A

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
.
Unfortunately yes it is caused by a mechanical error and is common with Kodak printers. If you have any questions at all click on reply to expert and let me know. If not please don’t forget to leave a positive rating for my help - it is greatly appreciated. Please note you are rating me only not this site or your Kodak.
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Freddy

I assume I will not be charged the £27 as my problem has not been resolved also I have not registered for the free trial but I have received an email to say that I have done?

not sure who to contact as there is no email that I can respond to ?

If you can forward this to the relevant person it will be greatly appreciated

BW
A

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
.
This is not a free site the very first thing I told you was that you may need a new part in order to fix this. This is exactly why I warned you of that as well because needing a part does not make this site free and you are still required to pay. What you are suggesting is that I work for free, this site only pays us if the customer pays and leaves a positive rating. Otherwise we are paid nothing at all and you have forced us to work for free. If you still want me to forward this to billing let me know but also please note you forced me to work with you for free because of a part failing that is completely out of my control. If you have any questions at all click on reply to expert and let me know. If not please don’t forget to leave a positive rating for my help - it is greatly appreciated. Please note you are rating me only not this site or your Kodak.
.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
.
I have also sent this in to customer service for you just in case.
.