Sudipto
Sudipto, Engineer
Experience:  DIploma in Computer Hardware
15197395

CANON PIXMA MG 1750 CUSTOM PRINTING PROBLEMMY TASK IS TO

Customer Question

CANON PIXMA MG 1750 CUSTOM PRINTING PROBLEM
MY TASK IS TO PRINT EDITED PICTURES TO OLD PICTURE POSTCARD SIZE 5 ½” x ½.”
THE PICTURES HAVE BEEN CORRECTLY RESIZED AND I HAVE POSTCARD SIZE PHOTO PAPER IN THE TOP TRAY OF MY PIXMA.
THE PRINTER IS WORKING NORMALLY AND I AM FAMILIAR WITH THE CANON PRINTING SOFTWARE.
I HAVE TRIED REPEATEDLY TO PRINT MY IMAGES BUT CANNOT FIND ANY WAY TO SELECT MY CUSTOM SIZED PAPER. A NUMBER OF DIFFERENT SIZED PAPERS ARE OFFERED BUT NOT CUSTOM WHERE I CAN PUT IN MY POSTCARD SIZES.
I WOULD BE MOST GRATEFUL WORDS OF WISDOM
Category: Printers
Expert:  Sudipto replied 2 years ago.
,
WELCOME TO JUST ANSWER!! My name is***** will assist you to solve or identify your problem.

Do you use Windows ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Windows 7 64-bit

I have the latest driver and the printer works fine functions, documents, photographs using paper sizes offered in the programme.

My problem still exists. I cannot see how I can select Custom Size paper even though it is in the top tray of the machine.

Expert:  Sudipto replied 2 years ago.
Do you still need help ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes please. You have not given me any reply to my question yet. All I have received is a question from you asking operating system. i replied and mentioned that the problem still exists.

Expert:  Sudipto replied 2 years ago.
I can help you, but before that please confirm the exact model no. of the printer, there is no such model like MG 1750 and are you sure the paper size is 5 ½” x ½.”, because ½.” is too small.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

My apologies - arthritis in my fingers unfortunately.

My printer is Canon MG7150 and the paper size is 5 1/2" x 3 1/2"

My printer works fine except one programme issue. The image I wish to print and the photo paper in the printer are both the size above. The Canon software asks you to select the paper size but I cannot enter a custom size.

Regards Ernie

Expert:  Sudipto replied 2 years ago.
Thanks information. Now, follow the steps below and reply me back.

Click on Print

Select the Canon printer name.

Click on Properties

Once in the Canon printer properties, click on the Page Setup tab.

You will choose "Custom..." from the Page Size drop menu. A small dialog will appear labeled "Custom Paper Size". Here is where you define the dimensions of your paper.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Your answer does not work . Selecting print on a photo does not take you to the printer properties page so you cannot define your custom photo paper which is located in the top tray. Your answer deals with documents and the paper in the lower tray.

Expert:  Sudipto replied 2 years ago.
Can you once more tell me the name of the software, you are using to print the photos ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The software is Canons, it comes with the printer. At considerable expense I had to call in an IT engineer as I was falling behind with my task. He ran through all the actions I have taken and did come up with your answer which does not apply to photos. He eventually got in touch with Canon and that took ages. The answer to my problem Canon admitted to. When printing photos they offer in their software a range of what they call Custom sizes. The programme does not permit users to enter their own Custom photo paper size . A simple answer which is uselesss to me. I am now looking printer that will permit photo paper size changes.

No point going on any further with my query. Many thanks efforts on my behalf. I cannot complete your 'rating questions because, unfortunately, you did not solve my problem. Regards, Ernie

Expert:  Sudipto replied 2 years ago.
Replacing the printer will not solve the problem, there are inbuilt programs of windows, which you can use to print photos and enter a custom size paper details, before printing. If you wish then, I can help you.