Shefin
Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist
Experience:  Working as tech support specialist with a worldwide computer manufacturer.
15907069

Canon Printer MG7150 Before I went away on holiday I unpluged

Canon Printer MG7150
Before I went away on holiday I unpluged my printer & now I cannot get it to work. It saya support code 5011
Printer error has occurred follow steps below
Cancel printing then turn off
Turn the device on again.
If problem persists see the manual (I don't have one!) & contact service.
Please can you help me?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Shefin replied 2 years ago.
Shefin :
Hello! Thank you for your question. I am Shefin and I look forward to helping you with your issue today.
Shefin :
Please let me know when you are ready.
Customer:

I don't understand this I haven't had an answer to my problem yet!

Shefin :

I am waiting for you on chat screen.

Shefin :
Remove all the ink cartridges from the machine.
Shefin :

Are you there?

Customer:

I've opened up the front of the printer but the cartridges are not exposed to take out.

Shefin :

Please unplug all its cables, then manually move the carriage to the opposite side.

Shefin :

Please do not force it.

Shefin :

Do it five times.

Customer:

I can see where the cartridges are but they don't want to pull accross. i am frightened of breaking something, I think the best thing is to take it back to the shop i bought it from & let them sort it out!

Shefin :

Does not pull the cartridges. Try moving the carriage where the cartridges seats.

Shefin :

It is better to get it repaired, however it might be costly.

Shefin :

You may cost more than a new printer.

Shefin :

So, check with the technician, and if the cost is too high, get a new printer instead.

Shefin :

Are you there?

Customer:

I've been trying it again but I think I will give up the carriage will not move.

Shefin :

If so, the only way to get it repaired and it is a hardware issue.

Shefin :
Please know that not all issues can be fixed online; in those cases of a hardware failure, I’ll troubleshoot and diagnose the problem, and provide a practical recommendation for how to proceed.
Shefin :

Please check with the technician, and if the cost is too high, get a new printer instead.

Customer:

I'll take it back & see what they say

Shefin :

Okay. It is more than two years. right?

Customer:

no

Shefin :

Is it under warranty? Less than a year?

Customer:

I'm just going to look for the receipt i think it is still under warranty

Shefin :

If so, you will get it repaired under warranty from Canon.

Customer:

Yes it is still under warranty

Shefin :

If so, I would suggest you contact Canon directly, in order to get a warranty repair.

Shefin :

I will get you the phone number to contact Canon.

Shefin :

Please wait.

Experience: Working as tech support specialist with a worldwide computer manufacturer.
Expert:  Shefin replied 2 years ago.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.