Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of experience
15852642

My MG4250 is telling me there is an error and to clear print

My MG4250 is telling me there is an error and to clear print queue, switch off and then on again. Have done this 2 or 3 times now and still get same message. I've checked no paper jam. Any suggestions?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this.
There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure.
What is the exact and entire error including any numbers?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Support Code 5011

Printer error has occurred.

Follow the steps below.

1. Cancel printing then turn device off.

2. Turn the device on again.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
That is not a good error, if you open the machine as if to change the ink cartridges do they move over to you?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Turn the machine off and unplug it.
Then by hand move the print head (cradle) by hand.
It should move freely, if it does not it is damaged.

Move it back and forth across the bar 3 or 4 times.
Then leave it in the middle of the bar.

Plug the machine back in and turn it on.
Give it a minute or two to detect the print head in the middle and recalibrate it.

If this did not work, please come back and let me know what happened when you tried it by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.
If it did work, please don’t forget to leave a positive rating - it is greatly appreciated.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Print head will not move at all.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
That is not good as I mentioned unless it is damaged it should move freely. Can you try it with the machine on instead of off?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Still no movement.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
How old is the printer? Did you happen to get an extended warranty with it?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

2 years old. I will return it to the shop.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
The factory warranty normally only lasts a year did you get an extended warranty? If you did not this normally would not be covered and there is one more thing we could try but if you are going to bring it to a shop or get it covered under warranty I would not try it. If you have any questions at all click on reply to expert and let me know. If not please don’t forget to leave a positive rating for my help - it is greatly appreciated. Please note you are rating me only not this site or your Canon.
.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience: Years of experience