Richard, Engineer
Experience:  15 years consulting in the IT industry with Printing engineering
32989067

My Canon Pixma MX535 has jammed paper inside the machine. Is

My Canon Pixma MX535 has jammed paper inside the machine. Is there any way of getting into the inside of the machine to clear it out? Hugh
Category: Printers
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Positioned below the control panel are a series of drop-down flaps that each have their own specific task to perform. The outside or first of these flaps acts as the paper input tray with a capacity of 100 sheets of copy paper or 20 sheets of photographic paper.
This flap has a flip out arm that can provide extra support for the paper supply. The second flap, with its own pull out extension, supports the documents as they are ejected from the printer.
The third and final flap reveals the innards of the printer for when you need access when adding the two FINE cartridges (pigment black and CMY colour) or remove jammed paper. This is the Flap you need to open to get rid of the paper jammed inside
Can you do this please and Let me know the results
thank you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Clean inside the flap perhaps the jam occurred when copying . Hugh

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
That is possible.
Is it functioning now though Hugh? The Jam is all clear?
IF so, please take a second to rate my service, else let me know
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The jam has not cleared - it must have been when copying. There are separate trays for this - could you advise on how gain access for this operation. Thanks Richard.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Hugh
All paper weather for copying or printing goes through the same process.
So anything stuck will be there.
If you got everything out and it still complains of a Jam, it is likely to be a faulting sensor.
But first, are you able to now try and feed through a piece of paper?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Richard, sorry to be so slow. I tried to feed through some paper but failed - the machine is jammed inside. Is there a way to get inside and clear it out? Hugh

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Its no problem Hugh
There is no other way to get inside of it sorry, without a complete dismantle. But this will both void the warranty and is very dangerous to do (as you can cause a short circuit if it is not put back together).
It can also be a damaged paper sensor that is the issue and not any actual paper.
I advise, if the printer is under warranty, to return it. They will then open the printer and check it removing any paper they see, or replacing the paper sensor if they see it is faulty.
If it is not under warranty, I would advise to have a quote done to disassemble the printer and check for any paper. This is not going to be expensive, BUT if the issue is a faulting paper sensor, get a price for replacing this first, as this component can cost more then the actual value of the printer.
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.
Richard, Engineer
Experience: 15 years consulting in the IT industry with Printing engineering