Richard, Engineer
Experience:  15 years consulting in the IT industry with Printing engineering
32989067

I have a Pixma MP540 printer and it won't return to the centre

I have a Pixma MP540 printer and it won't return to the centre so that I can change a print cartridge. Can you help please?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Can you remove the power cable from the wall socket for the printer and wait 10 minutes.
Plug in the power, turn on the printer and tell me please if it now centers so you can change the cartridge
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have done as you requested and its not working. Still getting a grinding sound

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
If you slightly try to drag it to the center, does this get it to move Neville?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you so much Richard, its working fine now. You've been a great help.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Your most welcome Neville
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.