Richard, Engineer
Experience:  15 years consulting in the IT industry with Printing engineering
32989067

When replacing T0968 ink jet cartridge on my Epson stylus Photo

When replacing T0968 ink jet cartridge on my Epson stylus Photo R2880 printer with a genuine T0961 cartridge it is telling me that it is incompatible with this printer I then put back the T0968 cartridge and the same message comes up. I have been into the utilities and I seem to be doing every thing correctly. Do you have any answers that could help me or do I have to replace the printer. Please do not get to technical as I am in my eighties. Thank you.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
First, can you remove the power from the printer and wait 5 minutes.
Then plug in the power and put the original cartridge back in.
Tell me if it now works correctly please.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have done as you requested but there is no change in the current situation.

Derek

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Derek
It is the print head that has faulted.
A corrupted firmware can cause this. But we have ruled this out by trying to restart it. The fact that it continues, tells that the hardware component has failed which is why it will not recognise the cartridge correctly.
I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the printer to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.
I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Richard,

I really appreciated your help and as the printer is a few years old it has been sent to 'printers heaven'. It has been replaced by a Cannon Pixma Pro 10 which I am really getting along with.

Derek