Sowrav D.
Sowrav D., Engineer
Experience:  Completed Course In Computer Hardware and Printer Repairing
33155275

cannon pixma mg5550 2 months old paper wont feed

Category: Printers
Expert:  Sowrav D. replied 2 years ago.
,
Thanks your question. My name is Sowrav and I will try to help you today.

Please open the printer cover and let me know, if that cartridges can move automatically to the center or not ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

no they dont

Expert:  Sowrav D. replied 2 years ago.
Please turn off the printer and then let me know, if you can slide the cartridges with your hand or not ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

no I cannot slide the ink cartridges along they are tucked in on the right hand side

Expert:  Sowrav D. replied 2 years ago.
Thanks update, unfortunately what you describe is a hardware fault. The problem is caused due to loose waste ink absorbers, which seems to be popped out from the chambers and blocked the cartridges and due to this same reason, the paper is not feeding. This is a manufacturing defect and you will get replacement printer from Canon, free of cost. As the printer is under warranty period.

If you wish to repair the printer at home then, you have to completely dismantle the printer, which will void the warranty and you will not get the replacement from Canon.

Please let me know, what you want to do ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The printer cost £60 so I am only prepared to pay if you can rectify the problem. When I hand feed the paper the roller does pick up one sheet and the print quality is fine. If you wish to cancel this conversation that it ok. I am just not happy to pay a third of the price of the printer to be in the same position I was to start with.

Expert:  Sowrav D. replied 2 years ago.
I have no problem in helping you, will you will to dismantle the printer ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I think if there is not a simple solution then I would like to end our discussion. As its only 2 months old it is still under guarantee and I do not want to invalidate the guarantee. I am sorry to have wasted your time. Thanks

Expert:  Sowrav D. replied 2 years ago.
Unfortunately there is no simple solution, as this is a hardware fault of the printer. You have to repair the printer, if you want to solve this problem and I can help you to do that, but that will void the guarantee.
Sowrav D., Engineer
Experience: Completed Course In Computer Hardware and Printer Repairing
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I think you have provided good service but I do not think it is worth £20 (as i explained the fault is not resolved and thats a third of the cost of the printer) I dont want to grade you negatively so I am not sure what to do next?

Expert:  Sowrav D. replied 2 years ago.
Ok, that is not the problem, but you already gave me a negative rating.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I did not know how to proceed and thought i needed to give a negative rating in order to get a refund...I am happy to change my rating but then do I have to pay too...sorry its confusing

Expert:  Sowrav D. replied 2 years ago.
OK, if you clearly post here that, you gave me a negative rating due to confusion with the working of this site then, the authorities will remove the rating.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes I posted negative feedback due to not understanding the working of the site

Antonia May

Expert:  Sowrav D. replied 2 years ago.