Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of experience
15852642

epson printer,paper goes through printer,no printing,paper

epson printer,paper goes through printer,no printing,paper blank. inks fully charged
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this.
There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out .
What model Epson printer is this?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

model xp-212/xp-215

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Please make a copy from the scanner glass, does that come out blank?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

sorry Freddie I am a golden oldie! useless with modern tec. stuff! what is a scanner glass? sorry to be so ignorant.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
It is the part you use to make a xerox type copy, if you lift the top of the machine there should be a glass platen. Load something onto it. Then on the home screen go into copy mode. Then press color or B&W. Press ok and then press start.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yippee freddy! Xerox copy perfect,next step please

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
I apologize delay it looks like we are in different time zones I am in the EST USA. Next we need to see if it is only printing blank from all programs or only one specific program like word. Try printing this page and see if it comes out blank. Let me know what happens, please also let me know what version of windows or mac is on your computer.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

freddy am in England hence delays. sorry to be so dim but which keys do I press on my laptop in order to print the page? regards barry.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
There should be a printer icon you can click if you do not see that hold down CTRL and while holding that down tap P. That forces the print dialogue to open.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

freddy, held down ctrl and tapped p, perfect result!! very many thanks your help. am I allowed to ask you a further printing question please?

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
You're welcome and if it is related to this same problem you can yes. If not you would need to open a new question which you can do by clicking on my name. Please don't forget to leave a positive rating help on this one it is greatly appreciated.
.