Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of experience
15852642

I have a Brother MFC-5440CN The LCD message states Unable to

I have a Brother MFC-5440CN The LCD message states Unable to print. Check troubleshooting oages 11. Page 11/4 states Press Menu/Set then 9.0.1. and disconnect mains supply for several minutes. This I have done but it reverts to the original question, so I am getting nowhere, Can you please help. Regards E.D.XXXXXX

Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this.
There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure.
Lift the scanner and look at the print head where is it? In this picture for example it is on the left.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

From Edgar.

The rpint head looks alright, but if it should need a new part then I would rather buy a new printer as the current one is over ten years old, so is not worth spending money.on.

Also I would inform you that I have only paid £20.00 for a one off consultation and do not require the unlimited package which I seem to be on, so would you please cancel any further payments as I do not require any further assistance on any other item of equipment.

Please confirm that this has been done.

E. D. XXXXXX

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
I actually asked which side it was on and not if the print head itself looked ok but it is indeed possible you will need a part. I have no control over billing but will send a report in for you to make sure this is a one time fee and you do not have a subscription. If you have any questions at all click on reply to expert and let me know. If not please don’t forget to leave a positive rating for my help - it is greatly appreciated. Please note you are rating me only not this site or your Brother.
.