Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of experience
15852642

Kodak ESP1.2 on start up went dead.I changed the plug fuse.

Kodak ESP1.2 on start up went dead.I changed the plug fuse. There was no improvment.Can you please suggest solution? Regards, ***** *****
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this.
There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure.
What exactly did you replace? Does it show any sign of power at all?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Have not replaced anything

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Ok, please connect it to a different outlet even if this one is working for other devices. Then push down hard on teh power button. Does it show any sign of power at all?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

cChanged plug outlet and pressed hard on power button. no improvement.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Does it show any sign of power at all?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

None. Keith Foulger

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
That is a very bad sign, do you have another power cable you can test with. Other printers and sometimes DVD players use the same type of cable. If not do you have something like a voltmeter you can test the power cable with?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Regret, no.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Ok there are only two things left that can cause this. The power cable itself or a board inside the printer. To test the power cable you can either try a different one on this machine, test that cable on something else, or use a voltmeter. If you rule out the cable there is a board inside the machine the power cable connects to with a power supply unit built into it. That board would need to be replaced in order to fix this. If the machine is under a year old this is normally covered under warranty. If not under a warranty however it can be expensive so I would call around for a price, due to the price some people do decide to replace the machine instead. If you have any questions at all click on reply to expert and let me know. If not please don’t forget to leave a positive rating for my help - it is greatly appreciated. Please note you are rating me only not this site or your Kodak.
.