Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of experience
15852642

My canon MG 3150 will not respond to my computer,it will scan

My canon MG 3150 will not respond to my computer,it will scan ok, plenty ink & paper.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this.
There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure.
Is it sending out blank pages or does it do nothing at all?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

When I press print from the computer nothing happens.When I press the black or colour button a blank sheet comes out.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
What version of windows or mac is on the computer?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It is a Toshiba with windows 7.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Click on start.
Then type services into the search box and press enter.
(If there is not search box click on run and type in services.msc and then click on ok)

Look for print spooler in the list and click on it.
Then click on the stop button in the window that pops up.
Wait 60 seconds an in that same window click on start then try to print.

If this did not work, please come back and let me know what happened when you tried it by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.
If it did work, please don’t forget to leave a positive rating - it is greatly appreciated.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

There is no search box on printer !

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
You would do all of that on your computer, the first step is to click on the start menu on the bottom left corner of your screen.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Tried as you said no luck,Printer not responding came up on comp.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Click on the windows start button and in the search box type printers and press enter.
(if there is not search box click on control panel and then printers)

Right click on your machine and any copies of it and click on delete.
Then disconnect the cable connecting it to the computer.
(if using a cable if not skip any cable steps)

You will need to restart the computer, you can get back to me by going to justanswer.co.uk and clicking on my questions at the top of the page.
Restart the computer and reinstall the machine.

Only connect the usb cable when the computers asks you to or when the installation is finished.
Do not test the machine yet instead restart the computer again and then test it.

.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Your good info.put me on the right track,it appeared to me the printer was not receiving a signal from the computer, so I hard wired it between and success.many thanks.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
You're welcome and please don't forget to leave a postive rating it is greatly appreciated.
.