Russell H.
Russell H., Printer and Office
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
13568747

My Brother HL-3150CDW will only print one copy at a time -

Customer Question

My Brother HL-3150CDW will only print one copy at a time - it will not do multiple printing
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
, thank you JustAnswer.com. . I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Try a print from some other application than MS Word or MS Office, and choose '2' copies.
- If that prints out 2 copies, then you have one sort of problem.
- If that prints out 1 copy, you have the other sort of problem.

Also, check in the
Start - Control Panel - Devices and Printers
right-click upon the Brother HL-3150 printer's icon, and select Properties.
In Properties, look option called 'Mopier Mode' (an odd name, it looks like a misprint for 'Copier Mode' but it isn't...), and see what that is set to.

If it is present, try setting it to Disabled or Off or un-checked.

If you change settings in the Properties, click on OK until the Properties windows all close, to save the change and apply it.

Then try again, if you changed the Mopier Mode setting.

Let me know whether the above helped or applied to your setup and installation, at all. Thanks.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
If you have an Apple computer instead of a Windows PC, I think I should suggest that you reset the printing system, and also consider trying a removal of the printer from the printer's list, a restart of the computer, and a re-adding-in of the printer to the system again.

I'm interested to hear how the case turned out. Let me know, please. Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I did reply to your earlier email. I have not been able to put your suggestions into practice because before I could do so my laser printer ran out of yellow and of course would no longer operate. I ordered a replacement last week but as yet (and unusually) it has not yet arrived.

Hopefully it will come today and I will be able to do as you suggest and let you know the result.

Bill Harris

Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
OK. Let me know how it turns out, at your convenience and when the yellow is in and has been tried, etc. There is no hurry. Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The yellow toner arrived today and lo and behold the printer is now working as it should - double-sided printing and multiple copies!

Sorry to have wasted your time - I think it must have got wind of the fact that you were going to tell me how to knock it into shape and it took fright!

Bill Harris

Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
OK. I'm glad to hear it turned out that way.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Sorry to have to come back to you but the same problem has cropped again. The document I was trying to print is a 16 page A5 (A4 folded) magazine in booklet format Rotary Club, and the programme is Microsoft Publisher. I am doing it on a Dell laptop running Windows 8.

I have tred multiple printing of a document in Open Office and that worked but even though I tried to print just two single pages of my magazine,the printer remained dormant.

I tried your suggestion and got as far as Properties but could not find an option called Mopier Mode anywhere.

I can print the magazine by printing each copy singly but this gets rather tedious when I need 50 copies.

I know that it can be done because it has done it before.

Bill Harris

Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

When you go to print, to
File - Print
specifically, don't change the 'Copies' entry, instead go to
Properties (or Printer Preferences) - Advanced - Paper Output - Copy Count
and change that to the number of copies wanted. (Remember, after trying this, whether it works or not, to change it back... though if there is such an entry in your printer settings, you might try that setting *and* the usual 'Copies' setting.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

On my Print page I only have 'Printer Properties' - clicking on that I get an 'Advanced' option but clicking on that gives me neither 'Paper Output' nor 'Copy Count'.

Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Look through Printer Properties other instance of a Paper Output or a Copy Count setting, even if not under 'Advanced'... I recommend this since printer Properties sheets differ a lot from each other and there is no standardized layout nor model, so to some extent advice must be given on such things in very general terms.

It occurs to me - does your MS Publisher have its own Printer settings? if so, and if there is a Copy or Copies Number setting in it, it could possibly be overriding the setting in the printer's Properties.

Another way of testing this: print from Notepad, but in Notepad, select 2 (or more) copies, and see if that works... if it does, then the problem is neither in your printer nor in the Windows driver/Properties printer, but rather in your MS Publisher software - in which case, you could approach it as a matter of repairing MS Publisher, possibly to be done by Detect And Repair if MS Publisher is an MS Office Suite program.

(Notepad is to be found at
Start - [All] Programs - Accessories - Notepad. )