Nathan
Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Computer networking/repair. 20+ years experience printer repair
59725966

v515w my printer is not printing colour at all. I have inserted

Customer Question

v515w my printer is not printing colour at all. I have inserted new cartridges .
Category: Printers
Expert:  VanMagnus Systems replied 1 year ago.
VanMagnus Systems :

and thank you JA support needs. In your case Sir or Madame, the Printhead in clogged. The Nozzle Jets are fully or partially clogged.

VanMagnus Systems :

Please follow the steps below:

VanMagnus Systems :

Troubleshooting Printhead Problems on the Dell AIO V313w, V515w, V715w, P513w, and P713W Printers

On the printer, press Setup, then select Maintenance and press OK. Use the arrow buttons to select Replace Printhead and press OK Take out the cartridges and place them on their side. Now remove the printhead and wipe the copper section with a lint-free cloth(coffee filter works great) Put the printhead back in and then put the cartridges in carefully to make sure the lip is in the correct place.

Insert the ink cartridge. Using two hands, slide the front end of the cartridge into the printhead and then press down on the back of the cartridge until you feel the cartridge click into place.

VanMagnus Systems :

Or

VanMagnus Systems :

If the quality of printing is uneven or fuzzy or there are streaks and lines on the printed page, it may be necessary to clean the Printhead and align it properly. To perform these tasks, follow these steps:

1. Click Start.

2. Click All Programs or Programs and select Dell Printers.

3. Choose the printer from the drop-down list at the top of the window.

4. Click the Maintenance tab and click Deep Clean Cartridges. If necessary run the Deep Clean a second time.

The Deep Clean process uses a significant amount of ink so it is not recommended to run it more than twice.

5. Click Align Cartridges.

VanMagnus Systems :

Or try this video instruction,

VanMagnus Systems :

Use this page and go to issue #7

VanMagnus Systems :

http://www.dell.com/support/article/us/en/19/SLN115662/EN#Issue6

VanMagnus Systems :

The video:

VanMagnus Systems :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AyOZPKj0ARk

VanMagnus Systems :

Chime in when ready.....

JACUSTOMER-u2zxp125- :

I have tried all of these and none of them have worked

VanMagnus Systems :

The Video also?

JACUSTOMER-u2zxp125- :

this is a computer printer.

VanMagnus Systems :

I know...

JACUSTOMER-u2zxp125- :

The printer will only print in black only

VanMagnus Systems :

Sir or Madame, you pointed out that the printer is performing as such.

JACUSTOMER-u2zxp125- :

what is the solution to my problem

VanMagnus Systems :

Now is the time to watch the video by step instructions.

JACUSTOMER-u2zxp125- :

what video

VanMagnus Systems :

VanMagnus Systems :

It is a nine minute video...

JACUSTOMER-u2zxp125- :

how do I get it

VanMagnus Systems :

Ok....

VanMagnus Systems :

Do you know how to cut and paste Sir or Madame?

JACUSTOMER-u2zxp125- :

not very well

JACUSTOMER-u2zxp125- :

can you not telephone me directly

JACUSTOMER-u2zxp125- :

01482/650298

VanMagnus Systems :

Ok, I can remote assist you.

JACUSTOMER-u2zxp125- :

go ahead

VanMagnus Systems :

http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=83aa0732-433c-4f55-8909-756129a84076

VanMagnus Systems :

What type of PC are you using? MAC or Windows?

JACUSTOMER-u2zxp125- :

windows

JACUSTOMER-u2zxp125- :

this is a Dell computer

VanMagnus Systems :

Ok...

VanMagnus Systems :

Now, are you using Windows Vista, 7 or 8?

JACUSTOMER-u2zxp125- :

7

VanMagnus Systems :

Ok....

VanMagnus Systems :

Method 1 of 5: Copying/Pasting in Windows OS

1. 1

Highlight the link in the address bar of your Internet browser. You can highlight with your mouse or with your track pad.
    Ad

2. 2

Press down on the Control button and the letter “C” simultaneously. This is the copy prompt, or shortcut.[1]

3. 3

Navigate to a new browser tab, a document or an email program.

4. 4

Press down on the Control button and press the letter “V” simultaneously.Your link should appear in your new program exactly as it appeared in the address bar.

• Once you copy something else, using Control + C, it will take the place of this link and you will no longer be able to paste it.

Method 2 of 5: Copying/Pasting in Mac OS

1. 1

Highlight the entire link with your cursor and mouse.

2. 2

Press the Command button and the letter “C” simultaneously on your keyboard.

3. 3

Go to your email, word processor or another browser tab address bar.

4. 4

Press Command and the letter “V” simultaneously. The link should paste in the new location.[2]

Method 3 of 5: Copying/Pasting With a Mouse

1. 1

Highlight the link in the Internet browser address bar with your mouse. Click and slide the highlight bar from the right side to the left side of the address.

2. 2

Right click with your mouse. Scroll down and select “Copy” in the drop down list.

3. 3

Go to another Internet or desktop program.

4. 4

Right click again. Scroll and select “Paste” in the drop down list. Your link should appear in its entirety.

Method 4 of 5: Copying/Pasting With a Touch Screen

1. 1

Find the link in your messages, emails or Internet browser.

2. 2

Tap and hold down. Wait screen to ask you if you want to copy the link. It may show a copy button. Press the copy button.

3. 3

Navigate to a new message or tab in your browser.

4. 4

Tap and hold the area where you want to paste your link. Select the Paste option when it appears. It should populate on the screen.

Method 5 of 5: Copying/Pasting With a Hyperlink

1. 1

Find the URL link that you want to copy and paste. Highlight it.

2. 2

Right click or use the Command/Control and C prompt to copy the link.

3. 3

Navigate to a blog platform, email address or document that uses formatting.Most programs with formatting toolbars will have an option to hyperlink the information.

• A hyperlink is a highlighted set of words or address. When clicked on, the link will populate and direct you to the URL that the text references.

4. 4

Find the button in the formatting toolbar that looks like two chains linked together. Press on it.

5. 5

Look empty field /Address. Right click or press Command/Control and V to paste the link next to the heading.

6. 6

Enter text next to the “Description” heading to substitute plain text full address. , some people write, “Click here to read more.” That text will be underlined and highlighted so that the link can be clicked on.

7. 7

Save the hyperlink or apply changes to the draft. Once published or sent the hyperlink can be used by readers.

VanMagnus Systems :

The above is instructions on cutting and pasting with in Windows 7.

VanMagnus Systems :

Chime in when ready....

JACUSTOMER-u2zxp125- :

cannot follow these instructions easily

VanMagnus Systems :

Just so that you know. You can only give a Bad or Poor rating once. I have opted out to allow others to assist you.

VanMagnus Systems :

So there is no need to continue giving ratings. Since there seems to be an issue with the instructions given. Maybe there was an issue with my presentation. That is why I opted out Sir or Madame.

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.
Sorry to hear you’re having trouble with the printer.
If you still need help, can you tell me if you're able to successfully make a color photocopy on the machine, or if it outputs a blank page instead? I'll then advise further on the cause and what can be done to resolve it.