Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of experience
15852642

Despite all my efforts to resolve the problem my printer will

Despite all my efforts to resolve the problem my printer will not print
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this.
There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out .
What happens exactly when you try to print? How did you clean the print head?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I cleaned the printer head by following the instructions on the unit.

Nothing appears on the paper when I try to print

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Have you tested both black as well as color to see if they both come out blank? Have you tried cleaning it by hand manually yet?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No to both questions. How do I do this?

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
The easiest way to test both the black and color would be to print this page, if you do not see the printer icon press and hold down CTRL (command on a Mac) and while holding it down tap P. Print this page and let me know what comes out.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

As before, extremely feint with many areas not printed at all.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Let's try doing a manual cleaning of the machine and see if that helps at all.
If you have any trouble or get stuck at any point please let me know so I can help you.

Remove all the ink cartridges from the machine.
Then clean the contacts on the cartridges as well as inside the machine itself.
Do this with a small amount of warm water on a cotton swab until no ink comes off on the swab.
If any of the other cartridges are low, empty, leaking or bulging replace them.

Now once you have done all of that turn off the machine and unplug it seconds
Plug it back it and wait insert cartridges message
Insert the cartridges and check to see if the problem is still there.

If this did not work please come back and let me know by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.
If it did work please don’t forget to leave a positive rating it is greatly appreciated.

.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Sorry it did not work

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
What happened when you tried it?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I put through an item and the page came out blank on two occasions

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Ok remove the ink cartridges and look at the carriage there should be a latch you can lift. That latch releases the print head so we can remove it and do a deeper cleaning.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Sorry this has not done the trick, it still refuses to print

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
What has not done the trick? I did not give you how to clean it after removing it I only asked if you were able to find the latch and remove the print head?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I cleaned the printer head and replaced it

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
How did you clean it? As I just said I did not tell you how to clean it after removing it doing it the same way I gave you before would not work. You need to remove the print head then soak it in warm water minutes. After 10 minutes you would change the water and repeat this until after 10 minutes the water is clear. Let it dry 10 minutes and do not test it yet.

Instead you will want to run the original cleaning you using on the printer maintenance options that you tried before coming here. This would force any water that was not dried out of the print head. Once you have done that then you can test it, I suggest using this page as a test.

If the same thing happens it means the print head has failed and needs to be replaced. Your model uses a 10 series print head which you can get here: Click Here If you have any questions at all click on reply to expert and let me know. If not please don’t forget to leave a positive rating help - it is greatly appreciated. Please note you are rating me only not this site or your Kodak.
.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience: Years of experience