Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of experience
15852642

scan problem.

Customer Question

scan problem. 1. screen says " no camera or scanner connected " so have to go into printer setting and click on scanner icon 2. scanned object illegible.

Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
What version of windows or mac is on your computer?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

freddy

imac late 2013 ; OSX Yosemite

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
The error you are getting means that the scanner driver did not install. It is actually separate from the printer driver which is why you could print. Please download and install this then try to scan: Click Here If this did not work, please come back and let me know what happened when you tried it by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue. If it did work, please don’t forget to leave a positive rating - it is greatly appreciated.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

er....where do i find the scanner driver? can't download canon manual!

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
I sent you it in my last reply, clicking on click here in that reply should go straight to it.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

done that. no change. restarted pc, no change. restarted printer, no joy.still get same message and then illegible picture

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
How are you scanning?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

following the instructions on the printer

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Try the ICA scan driver instead here: Click Here
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

no luck,sorry

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Have you tried starting a scan from the Mac instead?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes, if you mean opening printer icon and then clicking on scanner icon. it scans but everything is in muddied image with rectangles instead of the words or numbers!

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
No not exactly I meant from soemthing like preview.
In the Applications folder or from the Dock, click Preview.
Click File, and then click Import from Scanner.
Select your printer from the list. The details of the scan display.
If a 'Software device is not installed' message displays after you select your printer, click Install, and then follow the instructions to complete the installation.
Click Show Details to view scan settings and options.
Change any settings as necessary, and then click Scan.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

will do

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Ok let me know what happens when you can.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

did it. selected printer details automatically and went straight to scan. worked perfectly. do i need to do this each time or how can i save it?

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
You can use this method every time yes. As it click on file and there should be a save option there. This is actually a much more reliable way to scan than directly from the printer itself which is why I had you try this. If this did not work, please come back and let me know what happened when you tried it by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue. If it did work, please don’t forget to leave a positive rating - it is greatly appreciated.
.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience: Years of experience
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

just had another go from preview. still cyber rectangles and no numbers or words

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Can you uninstall and completely reinstall with the second drive then try preview.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

ok

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Take your time.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

i know you'll think i'm stupid but i don't know what to uninstal/reinstall or howor where!!

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Don't worry that actually happens a lot.
  1. Choose System Preferences from the Apple menu.
  2. Choose Print & Fax
  3. Press the minus symbol to uninstall and use the + to re-add I would restart before adding.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

as my partner says- the bleeding obvious!

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Smile hopefull that will get it working properly.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

still working on it

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
No problem take all the time you need.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

i've uninstalled,reinstalled restarted stood on my head and spun round 3 times and still the pic comes out fuzzy and illegible' i'm now going to take 2 aspirin and lie down

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Unfortunately I am out of ideas so I will opt out and open this to all experts. If anyone else has an idea why this may be happening they will reply the same way I did.
.
Expert:  Shefin replied 2 years ago.
!

Thank you question. I amCustomerand I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

Please go to the link given below, download and install the update. Restart the computer after installing the update.
http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1742

Note : Please make sure that you are installing the update after downloading it. It is a big file, so it may take some time to get it downloaded.

Then, follow the instructions given below.

2. Choose Print & Fax (or Print & Scan) or Printers & Scanners.
  3. Hold down the Control key as you click in the list at the left, then choose “Reset printing system” from the menu that appears.
  4. Then, click the + (plus sign that you see on the print & scan window, and not on the keyboard) sign to add printer. Select your printer from the list.

Note : Make sure that you are resetting the printing system before adding the printer.

Then, try scanning using Image Capture or other programs.

If the issue persists, or you have any questions, please be back and let me know.

If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT smiley face. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you business!

S H E F I N

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

couldn't open link

Expert:  Shefin replied 2 years ago.
,

Try opening the link twice. If you have another browser than Safari, please try that too.

S H E F I N