Shefin
Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist
Experience:  Working as tech support specialist with a worldwide computer manufacturer.
15907069

I have been using compatible refills with my Canon PIXMA MX350.

I have been using compatible refills with my Canon PIXMA MX350. It stopped printing saying it was out of ink. I have replaced the cartridge with two full ones from different sources. It will not accept either nor can I find the screen that I normally use to force it to print with a refilled cartridge. Can you advise.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Shefin replied 2 years ago.
Shefin :
! Thank you question. I am Shefin and I look forward to helping you with your issue today.
Shefin :
Please let me know when you are ready.
Customer:

ok, but I am already unhppy as I do not want to sign up advice. This is a one off

Shefin :

Please be informed that none of the manufactures do not recommend using refilled cartrdiges.

Shefin :

It will damage the printhead.

Shefin :

Could you please do the following.

Shefin :
Remove all the ink cartridges from the machine.
Then clean the contacts on the cartridges as well as inside the machine itself. Inside means the printhead where the cartrdige seats.
Do this with a small amount of warm water on a cotton swab until no ink comes off on the swab.
If any of the other cartridges are low, empty, leaking or bulging replace them.
Then turn off the machine and unplug it minutes.
Plug it back it and wait insert cartridges message.
Insert the cartridges and check to see if the problem is still there.
Customer:

that's bollocks

Customer:

sorry hadn't read the rest of your message

Shefin :

We are not associated to any printer manufactures. However, they do not recommend using refilled ones.

Shefin :

Please follow the instructions I have given and let me know the response.

Customer:

There was no ink build up where you advised cleaning. the problem is still there.

Shefin :

If so, the issue is with the printhead.

Shefin :

Have you tried cleaning the printhead?

Customer:

Does U162 mean anything?

Shefin :

Yes. That is an error code.

Shefin :

Please let me check .

Shefin :

1. Turn off your printer and turn it on again.

2. After the printer initializes, try to copy or print something. The error will appear again.

3. When the error is displayed on the display panel of the printer, press and hold the STOP/RESET button and wait until it self restarts.

4. Release the STOP/RESET button while the printer is restarting.

5. Wait few seconds and the pending print jobs will commence.

Shefin :

Watch the video below.

Customer:

bingo! yes that works. I remember now doing it before but I didn't hold it down long enough before I called you.

Customer:

Shefin :

I am glad to hear that!

Shefin :
If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT smiley face and Submit.
Customer:

I am happy to pay advice but I DO NOT want a monthly contract please either fix it at your end or point me to where I can cancell

Shefin :

Please cancel the subscription.

Experience: Working as tech support specialist with a worldwide computer manufacturer.