Michelle
Michelle, Printer Expert
Experience:  B.Sc. Computer Science with Honors
26798893

I have a new (1 month) Canon PIXMA MG5600 It shows error 6000.

I have a new (1 month) Canon PIXMA MG5600 It shows error 6000. I have checked jam etc. it is clear but the error message is still displayed.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
Michelle :

, My name is ***** ***** i will be assisting you

Michelle :

please follow the below steps

Michelle :

turn off printer and unplug power cord

Michelle :

keep the ON button on printer pressed secs

Michelle :

wait mins.. plug in power cord and turn on printer and check

Michelle :

let me know if you get the same error code or it changes

Customer:

Michelle

Customer:

The error code 6000 is still there

Michelle :

ok...there are few cleaning steps we will have to try

Michelle :

remove the cartridge...turn off the unit....unplug the power cable...manually slide the carriage assembly\ printhead back and forth
also clean the rail against which the assembly slides with a tissue ensuring that there is no ink residue on it
clean the golden contacts of the cartridges and the printhead with a cotton swab dipped in little alcohol
once these steps have been done,

check the paper feed tray, roller assembly area and the area where the carriage moved stuck obstruction like paper, paper clips, pins etc and if found remove it. Blow some air in these areas.
once done turn the unit back on and check

Michelle :

let me know the status

Customer:

printhead will not move

Michelle :

is it parked on left or right

Michelle :

when you try to slide it does to seem to be stuck

Customer:

on right definitely stuck

Michelle :

use a flash light and check beneath the head

Michelle :

on the far right there is a little white plastic tab that is spring loaded
just check that if its not getting jammed

Customer:

doesn't seem to be jammed

Michelle :

ok...

Michelle :

did you blow air near the printing area and feed tray and rollers

Customer:

yes

Michelle :

ok is the printer off or on right now

Customer:

off

Michelle :

please turn it on now and check

Customer:

still error 6000

Michelle :

ok...now this error comes up when the sensor detects that either the ink is not correctly installed or something is stuck

Michelle :

there are advanced cleaning steps that we can try to fix this but considering the fact that the unit is new these steps may void the warranty cover

Michelle :

thus i would suggest to get the unit serviced through canon itself within warranty to get this fixed

Michelle :

you can call canon at +44 (0)207(###) ###-####/p>

Michelle :

i hope you understand that faults\jams i can suggest cleaning procedures but cannot service the printer remotely

Michelle :

let me know if you have any questions

Michelle :

please click on a smiley face below to complete the rating if your question has been answered

Customer:

Michelle :

you are welcome

Michelle, Printer Expert
Experience: B.Sc. Computer Science with Honors